Bailey Bradshaw falling block double

Looking through this old thread, I have to laugh at how many changes I have made to this rifle over the past 18 months.

Poor Bailey must feel like a custom home builder being designed on the fly by a committee of...never mind!

We are finally settled on calibers...yes plural. I am having him do a switch-barrel for me; 45-100 and 30 Super Flanged Magnum.

The 45-100 will have an octagon barrel and slightly taller iron sights to accommodate the higher comb needed to shoot the 30 Super with a scope.

The rifle is being worked on now. I will post it up in a separate thread when it is done (won't be too long, unless I make more changes).

Starline makes 45-100 brass and at 2.6" length (and stout) this will essentially be a rimmed 458 Winchester Magnum. The 26" barrel will likely let me easily match the top 458 loads.

The Super 30 will have a 26 or 27 inch barrel and a long throat to allow seating a 220gr Nosler Partition to 3.9" OAL. Based on my experience with a 26" barreled and long-throated 300 H&H, I expect this two-barrel rifle to be capable of hunting anything pretty much anywhere.
Thanks for the update! I’m going to contact him about a double, hoping to get one started now so I can hunt with it this decade lol.
 
The 45-100 will serve you well. I rechambered a old HR Buffalo classic from 45/70 to 45-100 and really like the round. Haven't pushed it to full 458 level as it is a lite single shot. But you will have no problems with 458 level in a heavier double. What load to you plan on having it regulated with?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,023
Members
169,687
Latest member
WallaceBlo
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top