Any gin drinkers here?

Kynsna gin from Kynsna in South Africa is excellent.

Visit the distillery, enjoy a tasting, buy a bottle or two and enjoy a renewed relationship with gin. Very very nice stuff.
20240224_160755.jpg

For the whiskey drinkers maybe this will help whiskey based gin.

42o731ok.png

Gin has become quite popular in Australia with small distilleries popping up everywhere, when 20 years ago there were Vickers or Beefeater on the shelf of most hotels.

My wife enjoys Gin and Tonic. I’m inclined to think the Tonic makes a big difference overall no matter what the gin. I now lean toward buying Fever Tree tonics in preference to Schweppes or others.

@BeeMaa a small local distillery are winning awards for their Gin.

If you ever get to the West Coast of Michigan make sure to try some Copper Craft.......good stuff

To say that I'm a fan of gin would be an understatement. I'm a little hammered on it as I'm typing. ;)

I mostly prefer London dry gin as a sipper, however the more botanical versions have made some interesting cocktails. Most notably the Copper Fox Vir-Gin when making a bloody Margret (Bloody Mary made with gin) and also Bo&Ivy Navy Strength Gin taken straight. As a former Navy man, the B&I is proper gin but is not for the uninitiated. Might want to strap up for this one.

Plymouth gin is a little different. Earthy really. Enjoyable to those who like a little "sweeter" gin with more root botanicals. Not very common anymore, but was the original gin in many cocktails.

Sloe Gin for elevens is a wonderful thing but bears no resemblance to London dry. I hope to have this once more during a hunt.

For a classic G&T...I'd prefer a London Dry like Beefeater (although my wife likes Tanqueray) with a fresh lime and tonic water. Want to take it to the next level? Muddle in a few mint leaves and the flavor will really POP! Wonderful on a hot summer day.
Good to keep it local. I think VA has a few hundred distilleries at this point and Copper Fox is one of the best. And we make nearly all Apple Jack and Apple brandy here.

I discovered that Danish gin is some of the best. But rarely sold in the US. I used to bring two or three bottles home every trip.

Honestly Beefeaters and Tangueray solves most of my needs. Too cold for G/T though.

Have you tried Ransom Dry Gin? It's our go-to gin at the moment.

Devil's Juice! Gives me a horrible headache with as few as two drinks.

Talking of hendricks gin when my son and his girlfriend came down to zambia year before last to visit, he appeared from arrivals and gave me a duty free bag.....was heavy. It contained a bottle of laurent perrier rose champagne...one of my favourites (also my late mothers)....and a huge bottle of hendricks...I didn't know they made one so big....1.75 litres....my sons favourite is hendricks.... :E Big Grin: ....took quite a while to get through it....

Screenshot_20240325_205632_Chrome.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rowan458

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.