Another one!

Davidm

AH member
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
48
Media
2
Today I got closed the deal on another Brno zkk 602. I have one in 458 lott and soon it will have a partner in 375 H&H.
I think I got a nice deal with warne qr rings and a zeiss 1.5-6x42 for around 500 US dollars. I have seen a couple 375 H&H here for around 350-400 but they were in worse condition than this one and with no sight or rings.

I was think of using a lighter bullet, like the 250gr Barnes TTSX or Hornady GMX for smaller game and a 300gr or maybe 350gr Woodleigh for bigger critters.
 
Congrats on the new addition!
 
Pictures please. I've been looking for a BRNO ZKK 602 for a while now and haven't seen one nearly as reasonable as the one you just bought.
 
As you said, it sounds like you got a deal! Please post a couple of pics!
 
Wow!! Who did you steal that one from? Such a deal.
 
I only have the one picture from the stores website. I haven’t seen it in real life and the license process is about 8-12 week so it will take some time before I can have it in my hands and shot it unfortunately.
IMG_6390.JPG
 
What a deal!! Congratulations.
 
Looks like a $1500 set up, unless there is something not obvious.....................congrats......................FWB
 
I know, it’s going to be interesting when I can finally hold the gun in my hands and see how it shoots and handle. Regarding the scope, I don’t really care that much if it works or not since I have another scope to put on it. Of it works it’s just a bonus so to speak. I payed around $600 US for my BRNO 602 in 458 lott without a scope or rings but I believe that that one was more or less un-used. Well either way it will be really interesting to see the condition of the rifle and the scope when I finally get her. I will keep you guys updated
 
I didn’t find this thread so I started a new one but now that I found this I will update here.

Today I could finally pick up the gun. I was was pleasantly surprised with the gun. The action is much smoother than on my 458 lott. And a funny thing that I didn’t know before is that this rifle is made the same year as my zkk 602 in 458 lott[emoji4] And here is a picture of her
IMG_6692.JPG
 
Heartiest Congratulations . Brno fire arms were some of the best ever made. I own a rifle made by Brno myself. The magnum .375 by Holland and Holland is an ideal medium heavy calibre is someone wants to hunt both dangerous and non dangerous animals with one rifle. For soft skinned animals , my clients would use soft nose bullets from Winchester weighing 270 grains . For animals with thick skin like Gaur , they would use metal envelope blunt hard nose bullets of 300 grains weight . For leopards or Royal Bengal tigers , 300 grain soft nose bullets like Winchester silver tips were used . A modern solid bullet made from a single piece of homogeneous metal , would serve you even better and the new controlled expansion bullets on the market . May l ask why you are not considering the 235 grain weight soft nose bullets for the smaller , thin skinned animals ? Are they no longer available ?
 
Davidm, where do you live? I've already replied to your "other" post, but as an unbiased observer you "stole" that rifle. Congratulations on your good fortune.
 
Beautiful . My BRNO ZKK -602 in .375 HH Magnum replaced the model 70 as my all rounder rifle :D Ya cant go wrong with these
 
Sounds like you hit the rifle lottery! That rifle, rings and scope for the price you paid...!!! Congratulations on your new baby. May you use it to take many memorable trophies.
 
Davidm, where do you live? I've already replied to your "other" post, but as an unbiased observer you "stole" that rifle. Congratulations on your good fortune.


I live in Sweden and yes I got it at a really good price. I haven’t seen one even close to that before. According to the company I got it from they just got it the day before so guess I was really really lucky
 
Today I was at the range today with my pair of zkk 602. I was trying out a load with Barnes TTSX 250gr for the 375. It shot about one inch group so I will be pleased with that. I have Norma Oryx 300gr on the way in the mail that I will use during my hunt for moose.
Regarding the 458 lott I was just have a bit of fun shooting the 500gr Hornady Interlock.
F378E231-2403-4B8A-A382-4A5C92E7E5D0.jpg
 
Quit,,,,,,,, you are making me jealous. Do you have any photos of the target?
 
Unfortunately I don’t have them I threw them away after I was done shooting. But I will try and remember to take a photo next them I’m at the range.
But I do have a picture of a group I shoot with my 458 lott using the 350gr Barnes TSX. Distance just shy of 100 yards
IMG_4226.JPG
 
Nice shooting with the 458LOTT.
One question for you...what's do you have on the bolt knob?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,286
Members
169,998
Latest member
SadyeGrand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top