Another New Guy From N. Idaho

Welcome @intj! What aircraft did you fly in the USAF? My dad was a KC-135 pilot for most of his career and we lived at Fairchild AFB. Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho are among some of my favorite memories. Have fun planning your African adventure. Lots of great info on this site.

I flew C-130s, T-38s, T-1s--in that order. Ended up with two C-130 tours, two T-1 tours, one T-38 tour, and a couple of staff tours.

The closest I got to a fighter was my T-38 IP tour, but I did hold my own against an F-15 pilot one day when they let us take two T-38s solo--which was rare as Instructor Pilots.

I do like it here in N. Idaho. Reminds me of Southern Oregon when I was a kid....

Welcome to AH!

Thank you for your service. Welcome from NW Montana.

This looks like a great site! I have been around hunting/shooting forums for 26 years. I don't yet recognize anyone here but there must be some who are familiar with me, for better or worse.

I decided it's time to get serious about Africa. I have been wanting to hunt Africa for at least 20 years, but life kept getting in the way. Since I am in my early 60s and I'm good health, now is the time.

I have a lot of research to do and questions to ask. Before I jump in, here is a little about me.

I was a USAF pilot for 24 years, then worked in the forest products industry in Oregon for 12.5, and am currently the GM for Unknown Munitions.

I am a 1000 yd BR competitor and build my own rifles with my own lathe and mill that I have at home. I play lead trumpet in a big band, and I still fly a little. I also get in a little fly-fishing and and a little hunting as well, though not as much as I used to.

I have been shooting .416 to .458 bore rifles for probably 25 years. It's time to take one to Africa!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum best place to start is the deals page

Regards ,
Henry Griffiths

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome to AH, it’s a great place to help you get addicted to African hunting. Northern Idaho is big country. Do you happen to live near the best steelhead river in the lower 48?

Thank you for your service to our country.

Welcome and enjoy the reading here. If we can help in anyway let us know. We can offer areas that cover the long range 1000yd or less or places that will be 50 yds or under shots. Can even do both areas with a day of travel in between and see more of what africa can offer you.

Hope you final make it to africa soon

Welcome to AH

Let me know if you need any information.

Welcome to AH, it’s a great place to help you get addicted to African hunting. Northern Idaho is big country. Do you happen to live near the best steelhead river in the lower 48?

Thank you for your service to our country.

I am a couple hours away from the CW. I have been in N. Idaho for 2 1/2 years now and haven't yet made it there to fly fish for steelhead. However, 10 years ago I got this guy in the fly only water of the North Umpqua, on a barbless hook. Took me three years to finally figure out how to get one.......

IMG_0669.jpeg

Welcome from another N Idaho’an.
You found a great place here

Welcome to AH!

:S Welcome: to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg