Another Hurricane!

I’m up in central Ga. I’ve been taking care of my preps all morning. We shouldn’t see anything other than a bunch of rain.

Stay safe down there!!
 
Good luck to all over there in FL. Just finished getting all the mess around here cleaned up and hauled off.
 
Looks like the Savanana, GA to Charleston, SC area is going to get about 15-20 inches of rain.

Precipitation Forecast: Total over Next Five Days (Courtesy of NOAA)

1722801049099.png
 
I’m up in central Ga. I’ve been taking care of my preps all morning. We shouldn’t see anything other than a bunch of rain.

Stay safe down there!!
Right on the coast, Steinhatchee, Looks like it is coming straight for us again, just Idalia.
 
I wish we could get a big rain here on the west coast. All we’ve got is day after day of 100+ high temps, dry as hell and the Park Fire is now well over 400,000 acres. Big rain would be welcomed out here right now.
 
We spent trillions on phony “infrastructure” slush funds for the politicians donors over several decades . While China builds water pipelines.

 
We have the means to build hundreds of reservoirs and pipe water from these super soakers west. Just as we currently move water and oil.

That’s a real infrastructure project people could get behind.
California has not built a reservoir since the 1970’s. Meanwhile, our population has doubled. Terrible public policy.

I’ve suggested for a long time that our ultimate water solution is a pipeline running from the Columbia River to California, using Interstate 5 as the route. It makes too much sense to ever happen.
 
Looks like it is going to come right over my house in South Central GA. Calling for lots of rain. Winds shouldn’t be too bad. The problem is the ground is already saturated from a wet summer so it won’t take too much to blow over some trees by the roots. Been getting prepped all day. Chain saws are gassed up and sharpened. Vehicles are gassed up. Bottled waters is iced down and ready to go. Y’all that are expected to get any weather from Debby, stay safe and we will see y’all on the other side.
 
While being on the coast I am pretty lucky in the fact that I am on fairly high ground. 28' above sea level which for this area is really high ground. Everything is put away, windows covered, extra ice in the coolers, generator tested and ready, plenty of water and food, batteries in flash lights, and planning on getting up at 3 am to get everyone ready for the main event. Humidity and huricanes, the only things I hate about Florida.
 
I wish we could get a big rain here on the west coast. All we’ve got is day after day of 100+ high temps, dry as hell and the Park Fire is now well over 400,000 acres. Big rain would be welcomed out here right now.
After all that fire a good rain would result in mud slides all over. Those can be super deadly too. Best thing to do is get the hell out of that state. I lived in Washington for close to 30 years. So much better here in the land of the free!
 
After all that fire a good rain would result in mud slides all over. Those can be super deadly too. Best thing to do is get the hell out of that state. I lived in Washington for close to 30 years. So much better here in the land of the free!
Yup, mudslides can be bad, but fire is far worse.

And you’re right, as wonderful as California is for many things, it is terrible because of really bad public policies by left wing politicians who dominate this state.
 
Well, the worst of it has passed and so far no damage. Just fired up the generator. Still getting sustained 40-50mph with some big gusts up to around 70mph. Had one tree come down that missed my truck by about 5 ft. Since I am a fishing guide the most important thing other than our lives was my boats. Both look pretty good so as soon as the water recovers from all the turbulence it's game on again! This did pretty much end our scalloping season. Don't see the water clarity coming back to normal before the closure on Labor Day. Small sacrifice for everything else being good. Still haven't been to town to see if the storm surge did any damage to the marinas.
Thanks for all the prayers out there.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,083
Members
169,491
Latest member
citydancecorpsyouth
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top