Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I bought this case new right before Americase stopped building them. I thought I needed it for upcoming trip, but went with different rifles. It is new and never had a gun in it. Prefer face to face sale here in Texas as shipping will be expensive.
$500 Face to Face here in Texas or will box and ship and buyer pays actual UPS or FedEx shipping charges.

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

Where in Texas are you located?

I know El Campo well. Down the road from Garwood and up the road from Edna.

I bought this case new right before Americase stopped building them. I thought I needed it for upcoming trip, but went with different rifles. It is new and never had a gun in it. Prefer face to face sale here in Texas as shipping will be expensive.
$500 Face to Face here in Texas or will box and ship and buyer pays actual UPS or FedEx shipping charges.

View attachment 417352
View attachment 417353
View attachment 417354
Nice. I have one but may never travel with it. Good for the range

Love this case. No longer made! Jump on it guys.

here’s the math: in coach, with two guns in it (and sticks) it will just squeak under the 50lb max for the airline. In business class, it will haul three guns just under the 70lb max. (Assuming 10lb guns)

mine has been on safari 8x and countless US escapades. When I broke a wheel, Americase sent me a wheel and pop rivets free of charge.

Nothing else comes close and they are no longer making rifle cases. If you’re reading this and thinking it over, you’re a fool not to buy the case.

These are amazing cases! I have the two gun case and can testify to how well built they are.

I wanted to mention a couple of features of these cases to help Mark sell his.

First, they have closed cell foam in them so you can elevate the barrels of uncased guns and protect them "naked" from damage.

Second, if you slide those extra foam pieces out, you can put rifles, in their gun slips, inside the case. You may find this particularly handy if you find some nice gun cases while traveling and want them to come home with your rifles. Hint.

Third, there are two velcro closing, metal hinged, compartments in the top of the case. What I do to be lean on packing is take my wool socks and put my rifle bolt handles in the socks for padding, then secure them in the lid storage compartments that are quite generous. I also usually put some odd gun spare parts in those cubbies along with a gunsmith screw "leatherman" for emergency repairs and service in the field, plus bore snakes. It works pretty great.

What I have not done yet, but have considered strongly is an interior and exterior makeover. On the exterior, ten minutes with a drill bit would remove every pop rivet on the case to full dismantle it. I thought it would be really neat to use hides on the exterior and then just re-rivet all the hardware back over the top.

On the interior, a friend of mine that is a world class case maker has turned them into best gun cases. Stripping the interior, he used oak, brass, and baize wool felt to create custom fitted compartments for pairs and trios of guns. Looks like a $20,000 custom case, but has the hidden aluminum shell protecting them from serious damage. Doing either the interior or exterior enhancements is surprisingly inexpensive I might add.

I just added up in my head that my three gun case has endured over 350,000 miles on airlines being thrown and abused by baggage handlers on three continents and countless countries. There are light scratches all over the exterior and lots of black rubber burns as it was dragged around on conveyor belts and luggage tractors, but no major dents or damage yet. It's also been in the back of a truck for about 25,000 miles of North American hunts too.

In about 30 different threads I've praised this case as the penultimate safari case. Advice on these cases are here, here, here:

One word to the wise about any gun case for safari: while you CAN bring scoped guns with you anywhere in these cases, quick detach scope mounts are a really, really good idea so your optics stay in your well-protected carry-on as the baggage handlers throw your rifle case 15' at a go. No case can protect your optics from baggage handlers, politically motivated US baggage handlers being the very worst of all. (without optics, you shave 4-6lbs which keeps it under weight restrictions too)

Great looking case. Tempted to take road trip for brisket, Whataburger and breakfast tacos but already invested in Pelican single x 2, double x2, pistol x 2. GLWS.

Well after thinking all this over.I am pulling a @TOBY458.

I have decided to keep the case and use it for next years safari.
I just packed the 3 rifles that I want to take and other items that will go. Weight comes in at 67lbs. I am flying business so no issue with weight.

Thanks @rookhawk for changing my mind.

So case is NOT FOR SALE now!!

Well after thinking all this over.I am pulling a @TOBY458.

I have decided to keep the case and use it for next years safari.
I just packed the 3 rifles that I want to take and other items that will go. Weight comes in at 67lbs. I am flying business so no issue with weight.

Thanks @rookhawk for changing my mind.

So case is NOT FOR SALE now!!

I'm really glad to hear that, @Mark Biggerstaff . You won't regret it. In ten years, sure, you can have someone weld you one up just like yours but it will run you $2000-$3000 to have one custom built. You own the best there ever was.

I have a 2 gun safari americase I bought on Fleabay for not much. The case was in pretty rough shape on the outside and the baggage gorilla's have not really damaged it at all that I can tell. It has worked flawlessly on two trips and hopefully I can use it on many more. Wise choice to keep the case

Well. I’m pulling a Toby!!

I just don’t think I will ever use this case.

So It is BACK UP FOR SALE.
PREFER FACE TO FACE IN TEXAS. Shipping will be expensive. With DSC coming up I may can bring up to Dallas if anyone is interested.

$500. For case shipping if needed at actual UPS charges when boxes

Used to have one here but when I was away for a while it vanished....if I could I would buy it in a flash...be great for carrying my guns etc in back of cruiser...and built like a safe so handy for locking other stuff in as well when in camp etc..

That didn't take long. Congratulations @Mark Biggerstaff...and to the new owner as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorothyIbs

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.