Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

You’ll never know the number of “accidental I didn’t know it was loaded” homicides I’ve investigated. More times than not it was somebody well versed in the use of firearms that “thought” they knew what they were doing. It’s the unloaded ones that kill you.

AND we'd find they own and carry for their own self-protection ...
Also, at least some wealthy anti-gun people, live inside a tall fenced estates, within a low crime, gated neighborhood, patrolled 24-7, by well armed Professional Security Guards.
Those of us who cannot afford same, are apparently expected to go unarmed and just hope for the best.

Also, at least some wealthy anti-gun people, live inside a tall fenced estates, within a low crime, gated neighborhood, patrolled 24-7, by well armed Professional Security Guards.
Those of us who cannot afford same, are apparently expected to go unarmed and just hope for the best.
There is no such thing as an "Accident". It's an act of stupidity and/or negligence. If one was not doing something stupid/ negligent it wouldn't happen.

He is a liberal POS. Still, I have a hard time believing that he intended this (thus the “involuntary” manslaughter charge?).

He lied. The gun did not go off by itself. On a single action revolver, the hammer needs to be cocked before the pulling the trigger will do anything. Cocking the hammer is a very deliberate action. Still, it is a shooting in a movie - the firearm will be “worked”. Why lie? The question is how did live rounds get in that revolver.

How and why on earth was there ever live ammo on a movie set? But again, he was the producer.

There is no such thing as an "Accident". It's an act of stupidity and/or negligence. If one was not doing something stupid/ negligent it wouldn't happen.
Thank you. I can never say it enough as a firearms instructor. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to fire….

Maybe the best explanation was that the armourer was clueless, riding on daddy’s coattails, and the rest of the stereotypical Hollywood liberals on site knew no more than her - she was the “expert”. Sadly, I think that is the only logical explanation short of murder.

Sadly poetic that anti-gun, liberal Mr. Baldwin doesn’t mind making money off violence while opposing the rights of “common” gun owners, and he kills someone in his arrogant ignorance.

God’s grace and love on her family.

Watching the new it was said that as producer Alex was responsible for safety and cut corners keeping the budget low and that's what hooked him.

Watching the new it was said that as producer Alex was responsible for safety and cut corners keeping the budget low and that's what hooked him.
That's what our news reported as well. Let's hope the arrogant SOB doesn't manage to weasel out of this with a plea bargain. A felony conviction should hit his pocketbook pretty hard as he would not be able to handle another firearm making a movie. Might save another innocent victim as well.

@Newboomer
As my old boss used to say
Accidents don't just happen, dickheads and arsehole cause them

I believe its the same thing. Because of the slight curve to the magazine it developed the nickname Banana. Typically we tape 2 of these together.
Now that you know what I'm speaking about what do you think of the question I asked? Is an actor like Stallone or Schwarzenegger believed to have looked at every round in their guns to determine a live one wasn't inadvertently loaded? I think reasonable people would agree that they did not and would not have done so.

HH
No the actor isn't responsible to inspect every round. They are responsible for where they point that weapon though!

@Philip Glass
I drilled into my son it doesn't matter how many people hand you a gun and tell you it's fine and safe it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE IT IS. Before we put guns in the 4x4 to go hunting he makes sure he shows everyone his gun is safe and expects the same if EVERYONE in the group.
Bob
Yes we all do!

I whole heartedly disagree with you there. The armorers finger was not the one that pulled that trigger after pointing it at someone in such a careless manner. This was no accident . It was gross negligence and incompetence. Hence the charges of involuntary manslaughter. Lots of blame to go around but only one person caused that death, the one who fired the weapon.
We all know gun safety well as hunters and shooters. This is simply a different situation that none of us will ever experience in life. So it is hard to understand that is for sure.

That's what our news reported as well. Let's hope the arrogant SOB doesn't manage to weasel out of this with a plea bargain. A felony conviction should hit his pocketbook pretty hard as he would not be able to handle another firearm making a movie. Might save another innocent victim as well.
I'm afraid this is incorrect. Mark Wahlberg is a convicted felon, he handles plenty of guns in movies. They just have to be rendered non-functional before he handles them. Possibly permanently non-functional, I'm uncertain about the exact requirements.

I'm afraid this is incorrect. Mark Wahlberg is a convicted felon, he handles plenty of guns in movies. They just have to be rendered non-functional before he handles them. Possibly permanently non-functional, I'm uncertain about the exact requirements.
Yes, in order to even hold one, it must be a fake or permanently demilled. Otherwise, not only would he (they) be guilty of another felony, so would the person who put it in their hand. This being said, it wouldn't surprise me if guys like Walhberg (deep pockets and connections) have petitioned successfully to have their rights restored; currently a non-option for ordinary people.

80B4C1D3-95EB-40B8-914D-A4BDDDB54F6A.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!