Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

The armor claims she was not allowed to do her job. Will be interesting to see what the evidence indicates.

I don’t think the armorer will be hired again.
This is what happens when you have people that don’t respect the power of life and death in their hands and don’t give a crap enough to follow simple gun safety rules. They both deserve a whole lot more than they will receive but in the end they will have to answer to a higher power.

In the interest of honesty, I must admit that I would like to see Baldwin's balls racked, just because he appears to be an insufferable prick in nearly every public utterance I have heard him make.
I want to go easy on the armorer because she is Thell Reed's daughter. (what a hypocrite I am)
Nonetheless, I predict that Baldwin will skate on the grounds of "I am an actor, the dumbest mammal on the planet, and cannot be expected to be responsible", and young Ms Reed will go to prison for 5 years.
Who'll give me odds?

I still can't figure out why they allow real firearms onto a movie set. This entire thing shouldn't have been possible.
Here's hoping his money and his name won't get him out of this. Hope they get a jury that won't buy that and hang his miserable ass.

BTW, for professional movie set armourer, what are required qualifications? Who at all can apply for such a job?

The problem I see with this situation is that district attorneys and other lawyers will now have eroded more shielding of gun owners ; of which there is little to begin with. The armorer has the responsibility to maintain safety on a movie set. Ultimately this does not help gun ownership. I have no love of Baldwin’s political shenanigans, but I just can’t see how this will help any of us gun owners.

The fundamental problem here is Hollywood has Hollywood people serving as the armourer instead of a gun guy. Does anyone honestly believe this girl knew anything About guns? Alec is a jerk but he is not in anyway liable for this accident. Two paid professionals handed him the gun and told him it was safe. The director told him to pull the hammer back with the gun pointed directly at her at her request for a shot. There is no similar situation in life as it relates to firearms safety. In all other cases whoever holds the gun must be sure it is safe and pointed in a safe direction. This was a perfect storm of incompetence and a terrible accident.

The charge seems appropriate. Baldwin is a known hothead and total a-hole. I can see scenarios where he, being a jerk or bully, pointed the gun and pulled the trigger. Maybe he didn't. I don't know. The only definitive way to find out (to a reasonable doubt) is to have a trial and present evidence. That appears to be what's happening.

He probably will not get what’s coming to him, but after the civil trial he sure as hell have a bit less money.

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pasquale75

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.