Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

2CD1FA1B-EB0A-41C7-AA00-9D5376588577.jpeg

60 Min Australia.

60 minutes Australia did a pretty good piece on this. It seems like they new there were major safety problems and continued anyways.

the armorer was obviously incompetent.
So was that jack ass Baldwin that pulled the triggers fault. Quit making excuses for this ass hole.

60 minutes Australia did a pretty good piece on this. It seems like they new there were major safety problems and continued anyways.

the armorer was obviously incompetent.
@sureshot375
I saw it and it looks like they are trying to hang the armourer out to dry but Balqn needs to answer for his actions.
Bob

@sureshot375
I saw it and it looks like they are trying to hang the armourer out to dry but Balqn needs to answer for his actions.
Bob
Baldwin was the head honcho of the whole project, so at the end of the day the armorer’s actions are his actions. He is the one who hired her instead of the qualified guy in an effort to cut costs. He is the one who continued filming after he knew that there had been multiple negligent discharges. Instead of stopping filming until someone competent could be hired, he kept going. He also partially skipped out on training.

I think he would be facing the same charges even if he wasn’t the guy who pulled the trigger. But he is the guy who pulled the trigger so there may or may not be some level of culpability there. It really kind of depends on what the industry protocol is supposed to be. If it is customary for an actor to point a gun that has been declared “cold” at another human being and pull the trigger, then that act alone may not be criminal. It will be interesting to see how it plays out legally.

Baldwin was the head honcho of the whole project, so at the end of the day the armorer’s actions are his actions. He is the one who hired her instead of the qualified guy in an effort to cut costs. He is the one who continued filming after he knew that there had been multiple negligent discharges. Instead of stopping filming until someone competent could be hired, he kept going. He also partially skipped out on training.

I think he would be facing the same charges even if he wasn’t the guy who pulled the trigger. But he is the guy who pulled the trigger so there may or may not be some level of culpability there. It really kind of depends on what the industry protocol is supposed to be. If it is customary for an actor to point a gun that has been declared “cold” at another human being and pull the trigger, then that act alone may not be criminal. It will be interesting to see how it plays out legally.
So now we hear the full story. But why does it have to come via Australia? Where in hell were(are) the US news people? This whole thing stinks of Follywierd coverup. Plain as day Baldwin is guilty as sin. No matter who says what it is his ultimate responsibility to check the damn gun before even coming on set. Anyone with an infinitessimal amount of cranial accuity about firearms can tell the difference between a live round and a dummy. Sounds like the whole operation was pretty sketchy and this is the result.

There's no cure for stupidity, Alec should admit his wrong and encourage people towards gun safety and shooting. He is a typical example for all and Hollyweirds.

The armorer failed to do her job….by not ensuring that there were no live cartridges on the set. The producer (who was sadly the shooter…Baldwin) failed to do his job in hiring an incompetent armorer and not ensuring safety controls were in place. To me, these were just people who didn’t do their jobs. Baldwin failed in a much more significant way. He failed in his sober, sacred responsibility to handle a firearm safely. It cost an innocent women her life.

Today it was announced that the special prosecutor has removed the firearm enhancement charge to the involuntary manslaughter charges that Baldwin faced in the shooting of Halyna Hutchins. This means he will avoid a mandatory five year sentence.

Somewhat less concerning, was the Fox News article’s subtitle, which read: ”Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins died on set of “Rust” after gun Alec Baldwin was holding fired.” I assume the people who write the titles of Fox News articles are paid for their services. This technically makes them professionals. How can anyone with a basic understanding of how firearms work, or a basic understanding of how the English language works, write a subtitle like that.

Careful with those assumptions Doug... ;)

Today it was announced that the special prosecutor has removed the firearm enhancement charge to the involuntary manslaughter charges that Baldwin faced in the shooting of Halyna Hutchins. This means he will avoid a mandatory five year sentence.

Somewhat less concerning, was the Fox News article’s subtitle, which read: ”Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins died on set of “Rust” after gun Alec Baldwin was holding fired.” I assume the people who write the titles of Fox News articles are paid for their services. This technically makes them professionals. How can anyone with a basic understanding of how firearms work, or a basic understanding of how the English language works, write a subtitle like that.
They don't have to and don't understand. They puke out what they are told to.

I don't know much of Alec Baldwin , nor did I know he was an Anti.
Let's not forget a human lost their life in a tragic accident. Probably going to become a statistic that is used by the antis.
I had no idea who Helyna Hutchins was but sadly she's gone leaving family behind and another crew person injured.
This might not be the place to make light of the irony of Baldwin's situation. He shot and killed another person, unintentionally, accidentally and perhaps someone will be held accountable.
Baldwin is imho an extreme left-wing anti-American dirtbag. His left-wing buddies will make sure he doesn't suffer.

“The gun he was holding fired”? This from Fox News….not CNN. All on its own. As the result of a mysterious, unseen force.

“The gun he was holding fired”? This from Fox News….not CNN. All on its own. As the result of a mysterious, unseen force.

Not a lawyer (I know there are some on here; they could likely opine with more authority and elegance), but I'm guessing the odd phrasing in the title is to ward off future retractions or libel suits if/when Baldwin's cleared of the more serious charges.

Last edited:
Not a lawyer (I know there are some on here; they could likely opine with more authority and elegance), but I'm guessing the odd phrasing in the title is to ward off future retractions or libel suits if/when Baldwin's cleared of the more serious charges.
Possibly so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you