AH induced indecision

But then, half way through the Rigby build, I will realize I have all this useful 400 H&H stuff kicking around!

And so it goes.

Embrace the dissonance!
 
My practical side says you have all the components and the barrel so finish what you started. On the other hand the ridiculous advise offere by @tarbe has such a level of simplistic human practicality as to warrent serious consideration;)

Build what you started. That gives you a real good reason to build another in another caliber.
 
Stick with the game plan. You can always go bigger if you have to. But I seriously doubt that will be necessary.
 
Finish the build, sell it to some unsuspecting enabler on here, build the 450

Problem solved.
 
Stick with the game plan. You can always go bigger if you have to. But I seriously doubt that will be necessary.

Art! C'mon brother! Did you really have to use that word here?

Since when do we even think about "necessary"?

Was it necessary for you to buy a pick-up truck load of .404J bullets? ;)
 
Sheesh the solution is such an easy one that I can't believe nobody is stating the obvious: do both!! Lol.
+
 
Sheesh the solution is such an easy one that I can't believe nobody is stating the obvious: do both!! Lol.
+
That's probably the solution! Champagne tastes but one build at a time for my beer bottle pocket.

I find these rifle builds shift from intense periods of excitement to long delays. But it's fun to source the right pieces and pull it together. Some folks like classic rifles, some enjoy the quality available from modern manufacturers. I really enjoy the semi-custom build. Especially talking through options with this great community :) So, step one is buying 450 Rigby brass to stoke the fire :D
 
Well if they are heirloom rifles you want to make sure that even recoil sensitive individuals who may eventually come along could use them so I'd say there is nothing wrong with the 404 and 300 H&H combination. I had a 300 WinMag but sold it years ago, the kick was far too sharp. I came across a Ruger#1 in 300 H&H, did a little research and bought it. I do not regret buying it for a moment. Far more "shove" less "bite" at least to me. And as for the 404...I mean who wouldn't want to inherit a 404, right?
 
Hmmmm....450 Ackley gets the 500 gr bullet to 2400 fps....can shoot Win Mag and Lott ammo....:unsure::unsure: Ahhhh Crap:confused:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,159
Members
169,499
Latest member
VenettaFit
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top