AH Get Together Dinner In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great time catching up with friends at the dinner. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to get around to everyone. Hopefully next year.

Regarding DSC, I had a problem Saturday. Don Jr. just kept following me around. I finally gave him the slip in the Westley Richards booth by sneaking across a couple isles to the Ruger booth. If it happens again next year, I may need some help from one of you Texas attorneys in getting a restraining order. ;)
Ha Ha, Me Too!

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

I had a great time catching up with friends at the dinner. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to get around to everyone. Hopefully next year.

Regarding DSC, I had a problem Saturday. Don Jr. just kept following me around. I finally gave him the slip in the Westley Richards booth by sneaking across a couple isles to the Ruger booth. If it happens again next year, I may need some help from one of you Texas attorneys in getting a restraining order. ;)
That's just the life of being a big shot AH celebrity- I figured you had gotten used to it by now!

Last year when I was there I had a rather nice chat with Don JR. Only thing is I didnt have a clue who he was!! A rather pleasant chap all in all

That's just the life of being a big shot AH celebrity- I figured you had gotten used to it by now!

Do all DSC officers exaggerate or is it just you. ;)

Really enjoyed spending time with you and your better half. See you in March.

Last year when I was there I had a rather nice chat with Don JR. Only thing is I didnt have a clue who he was!! A rather pleasant chap all in all

That's a great story. Of course even Don Jr. is drawn to the perfect mustache!

Jerome, thank you for the lovely AH dinner. I am an old loner but had a wonderful time. Enjoyed sitting with you at dinner was great, chatting with Gina and Bob was special. RedLeg saw to it I safely returned to our hotel. Again, thank you all

Jerome, thank you for the lovely AH dinner. I am an old loner but had a wonderful time. Enjoyed sitting with you at dinner was great, chatting with Gina and Bob was special. RedLeg saw to it I safely returned to our hotel. Again, thank you all
It was an absolute honor meeting you! Loved all your stories, a life well lived indeed. I will remember your hostage story forever, at least the part about the "urinal" ;)

@Happy Myles
It was such a treat having dinner with you and listening to you tell stories of your many amazing adventures!! Thank you for such a special time! :giggle:

It was an absolute honor meeting you! Loved all your stories, a life well lived indeed. I will remember your hostage story forever, at least the part about the "urinal" ;)

No no, this isn’t going to happen. Please share this story @Happy Myles with the rest of us. I’ve known of your many experiences in hunting Africa and wish I’d had had the chance to hear a few of your stories.

No no, this isn’t going to happen. Please share this story @Happy Myles with the rest of us. I’ve known of your many experiences in hunting Africa and wish I’d had had the chance to hear a few of your stories.

What Phil said.
Share some stories. Glad you had a good time.

That's a great story. Of course even Don Jr. is drawn to the perfect mustache!
I think it was the bright trousers. @Happy Myles I agree we need the story. I wasn't there unfortunately but find myself rather intrigued

Sorry for not getting around to posting this sooner I have been traveling internationally and just now got around to it.

We had 155 people in attendance which was better than I was expecting so I was pretty happy about that. We haven't quite rebounded to our pre-covid turnout but I hope we will next year.

Ever year we have a great evening but I really do feel that this year was the best party we have ever had. Since we have been doing this event for ten years many members and their significant others have gotten to know each other better and it really makes this party feel like a reunion of sorts. The evening was full of socializing, laughter, eating, drinking and enjoyment!

I want to hank all of our sponsors who donated to our AH Get Together Dinner 2023 for their generosity which has in part made this event possible.

This year we also had some very nice door prizes to give away during the event from:

@R&M FIREARMS (website www.randmfirearms.com) generously donated two scopes and a pair of binoculars.

@African Sporting Creations (website www.africansportingcreations.com) kindly donated Shooting Sticks.

@TROPHY SHIPPERS (website www.trophyshippers.com) donated a trophy clearing service to a lucky attendee. Thank you Allan!

And a special thank you also to @PHOENIX PHIL for helping to put this event together since the beginning!

Please share your pictures if you took some at the event.

See you all next year!

IMG_3145.JPG

More pictures to come...

Last edited:
Cocktail hour

IMG_3149.JPG
IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3151.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3154.JPG
IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3156.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG

The welcome, door prizes and winners

IMG_2999 Large.jpeg
IMG_3014 Large.jpeg
IMG_3020 Large.jpeg
IMG_3023 Large.jpeg
IMG_3025 Large.jpeg

Dinner

IMG_3165 Large.jpeg
IMG_3166 Large.jpeg
IMG_3167 Large.jpeg
IMG_3168 Large.jpeg
IMG_3169 Large.jpeg
IMG_3170 Large.jpeg
IMG_3172 Large.jpeg
IMG_3173 Large.jpeg
IMG_3175 Large.jpeg
IMG_3177 Large.jpeg
IMG_3178 Large.jpeg
IMG_3180 Large.jpeg
IMG_3182 Large.jpeg
IMG_3184 Large.jpeg
IMG_3185 Large.jpeg
IMG_3187 Large.jpeg
IMG_3189 Large.jpeg
IMG_3192 Large.jpeg
IMG_3194 Large.jpeg
IMG_3195 Large.jpeg
IMG_3197 Large.jpeg
IMG_3198 Large.jpeg
IMG_3199 Large.jpeg
IMG_3200 Large.jpeg
IMG_3201 Large.jpeg
IMG_3202 Large.jpeg
IMG_3203 Large.jpeg
IMG_3204 Large.jpeg

The pleasure truly was all mine. You do need to write that book!

@Happy Myles, it was a real treat to meet you in person and sit with you at dinner. As @Red Leg said, I also really encourage you to write that book as I truly enjoyed your stories and I think others would too. Or if your not up to writing a book you could always share some of your tales here with our community because I know that they would be enjoyed by all and it may very well encourage others who have been dreaming of Africa to pull the trigger and create their own memories.
It's always such a pleasure seeing all the regulars and meeting some of their loved ones as well as the new people who come for the first time. I really appreciate how open everyone in this group is to meeting and taking the time to talk to someone new, it's part of what makes our community great and it extends into the real world. Thank you to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg