Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
Hello all, I have enjoyed this site with occasional visits over the past couple years. What a wealth of information and experience, and friendly folks! I am looking forward to becoming an active member and getting to know some of you, and learning a lot more!

I live in Western Canada, and have hunted on the prairies and in the bush of Canada for meat and trophies every year. While the hunting at home is fantastic, Africa has always been a dream.

A photographic safari to Kenya and Tanzania in 2012 just made my Africa hunting itch stronger. I was fortunate to be invited on a plains game safari with my brother in the Eastern Cape, S.A. in 2013. What an adventure!

Now I am feeling the itch again, and am reminded of a poem by Robert Service, originally written about our Yukon territory, but this short excerpt adapts well to the wilder parts of Africa I think...
"There’s a land where the mountains are nameless,
And the rivers all run God knows where;
There are lives that are erring and aimless,
And deaths that just hang by a hair;
There are hardships that nobody reckons;
There are valleys unpeopled and still;
There’s a land — oh, it beckons and beckons,
And I want to go back — and I will."

You are in the right place Longwalker to learn everything about hunting in Africa and the big bore guns to go along with it! Have never hunted Canada, but would like to one day before I get too old! Welcome to our site, write hunting reports with lots of pictures!

Welcome to AH Longwalker!

welcome to our place longwalker
enjoy the site

Good to have another Literary Canadian in the midst.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH. Clearly a man that enjoys the written word as much as he enjoys hunting.

Welcome to AH Longwalker! Glad you joined and looking forward your participation.

Hello all, I have enjoyed this site with occasional visits over the past couple years. What a wealth of information and experience, and friendly folks! I am looking forward to becoming an active member and getting to know some of you, and learning a lot more!

I live in Western Canada, and have hunted on the prairies and in the bush of Canada for meat and trophies every year. While the hunting at home is fantastic, Africa has always been a dream.

A photographic safari to Kenya and Tanzania in 2012 just made my Africa hunting itch stronger. I was fortunate to be invited on a plains game safari with my brother in the Eastern Cape, S.A. in 2013. What an adventure!

Now I am feeling the itch again, and am reminded of a poem by Robert Service, originally written about our Yukon territory, but this short excerpt adapts well to the wilder parts of Africa I think...
"There’s a land where the mountains are nameless,
And the rivers all run God knows where;
There are lives that are erring and aimless,
And deaths that just hang by a hair;
There are hardships that nobody reckons;
There are valleys unpeopled and still;
There’s a land — oh, it beckons and beckons,
And I want to go back — and I will."

Longwalker,

Welcome to the best forum.
"The Spell of the Yukon" that you cited here, along with "The Shooting of Dan McGrew" (also by Robert Service) and "Gunga Din" (by Rudyard Kipling) are the trilogy / my very favorite Top Three poems of all time.
Thanks for your posting, great minds think alike my fellow Northerner.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

welcome to the light! :)

Welcome, tell us about your hunt in the EC?

Welcome to Africa Hunting forums. I hope you take your younger brother along on your next safari:A Happy Wave:!

Welcome to AH.

Look forward to your participation.

Welcome to Ah @Longwalker I am glad you decided to chime in, and good luck with the planning of your new adventure!

Where in the EC did you hunt in 2013?

Welcome to AH !

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! About my first hunt in the Eastern Cape, it was near Cathcart, with Lalapa Safaris. My brother (AH member Powdermaker) already did a great job writing a hunting report, I wouldn't be able to add much, perhaps a few pictures.

Welcome to AH Longwalker! Western Canada hey that may be a little to close to Brickburn but we won't hold it against you, enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH.

Yes that itch never goes away, only gets stronger...remember like man flu if you don't scratch it could kill you...

Ado

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KermitBisb

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg