AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
So I was haunting my LGS and ran across this monster, it was one of two built by Dennis Olsen up here in Plains, MT. It is very well done! Comes with Brass, Forming and Reloading Dies and some ammo. It is built on a McMillan 50 BMG action, at 19.5 pounds with three Mercury tubes in the stock. Brass is formed from 50 BMG. Does not come with a gun bearer though which was the deal breaker for me. Thought I would throw it up on here as it was the only one I’ve ever seen. If anyone has interest in it PM me and I will give you the contact. I have no affiliation with the seller just thought one of you guys might need a new Prairie Dog Rifle.
144588C6-1053-4C41-8AD8-EF4291E1A0CB.jpeg
03EB446C-6299-4AE6-A130-656232B870C2.jpeg

2FB805B1-D9F7-4DDF-95E5-21F6CCC494FD.jpeg

So I was haunting my LGS and ran across this monster, it was one of two built by Dennis Olsen up here in Plains, MT. It is very well done! Comes with Brass, Forming and Reloading Dies and some ammo. It is built on a McMillan 50 BMG action, at 19.5 pounds with three Mercury tubes in the stock. Brass is formed from 50 BMG. Does not come with a gun bearer though which was the deal breaker for me. Thought I would throw it up on here as it was the only one I’ve ever seen. If anyone has interest in it PM me and I will give you the contact. I have no affiliation with the seller just thought one of you guys might need a new Prairie Dog Rifle.
View attachment 502714View attachment 502713
View attachment 502715
If only I had the $$. I would buy that ridiculous thing just for a show piece…and for groundhogs.

absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

but... NO! lol....

1669743228114.png

It is huge, it is quite impractical but it does have a certain I need to shoot that son of a bitch factor to it! Had I won the lottery I would have bought it but unfortunately I didn’t.

I see: broken clavicle, dislocated shoulder, detached retina, burst right eardrum, tinnitus in left ear, broken nose and/ or cheekbone.

Only a muzzle brake and a telescopic sight can make it more lethal!

I’m going with burst rectum just thinking of shooting it.

If that won’t bark a squirrel I don’t know what would.
in deference to those unfamiliar with barking a squirrel, it involves shooting the branch the squirrel is on. Shooting close enough that a piece of wood is dislodged from the branch and kills the squirrel.
I would not recommend getting in line to have Dennis build another, fine as he is. I called and talked briefly with him about a build I sent him an action for a little over a year ago yesterday. He has well over 100 rifles in various stages of work at the moment. His description was it was a tsunami of work.
I guess this rifle would suit the same sort who would have it to match their 700 double.
I am pleased to see Cody with the rifle. That is as close as I need to be.

one of the gun nuts at work asked me what the practicality of that rifle would be, I told him it is the same practicality as having an 18” penis, it would be fun to show off but you really couldn’t do much with it!

From what I was told, it is a 50 case cut and run through the forming due to achieve .700

Surely someone will end up buying that beast. Then 2 things are likely to happen,
1. A new thread is opened inquiring how to run 2 muzzlebrakes in tandum.
2. First test shot from a 70lb weighted leadsled turns the beautiful wood into kindling.

View attachment 502714View attachment 502713
View attachment 502715
@Bullthrower338
Cody at least it would kill better than a 243, Ha ha ha ha ha.
Haven't got a use for it but I'm sure someone onto workouts and pain may enjoy it. I was thinking @Forrest Halley may like it for raccoons and @BeeMaa would enjoy it .
Bob

I’d say @SAFARIKIDD needs this but it’s about 12 pounds too heavy for him. :E Rofl:
@Wyatt Smith
A strapping you fella like you could handle it grasshopper.
Imagine the time you would save servicing all those tractors and headers. No Moe looking for a sump plug to drain the oil.
One shot oil drained no spanner needed. Use solid and plug hole with three quarter inch dowels.
Jobs done. Just don't hit a crankshaft on they way thru and all will be fine.
Bob

Yeah, I like the lines of the rifle for sure, but it's so bloody impractical. Yet still I wonder if it's a single shot or has a few in the magazine.
Most definitely a repeater with two down and one in the tube, look at the drop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!