700 Nitro Express Rimless

So what are the approximate ballistics of this cartridge? I don't see a brake, so I'm guessing some of the potential is not fully realized, but it's also a 20# rifle. Also the rifle coming with 9 loaded rounds says quite a lot. I'm guessing there were originally 10 and only one ever got fired prior to the rehoming. Seems like parent brass would be fairly easy to get though.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 10.15.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 10.15.30 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 257
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 10.15.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 10.15.31 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 243
Lol, if I had 13k to piss away on a toy I'd buy it in an instant. Assuming I survived trying to shoot it I'd love to take a tuskless ele with it just to say I did. What a beast but it looks very well built and quite sexy.
 
Amazing to me that they made it in a push feed round action. Not to mention the lack of a proper express rear sight and quarter rib. You would think of a rifle designed for hunting Africa in the traditional way with a HUGE cartridge like this, that they would pay closer attention to the details.

I'd also like to know the LOP on this rifle. It looks a little short to me.
 
I wonder if whoever had this built was overcompensating for something!!
 
I saw the ad posted but, it didn't have pictures of the ammunition. I'm curious to see the ammunition.
 
I saw the ad posted but, it didn't have pictures of the ammunition. I'm curious to see the ammunition.
Rebated rim...
1673187514319.png
 
Amazing to me that they made it in a push feed round action. Not to mention the lack of a proper express rear sight and quarter rib. You would think of a rifle designed for hunting Africa in the traditional way with a HUGE cartridge like this, that they would pay closer attention to the details.

I'd also like to know the LOP on this rifle. It looks a little short to me.
It is the same action used on many sniper rifles around the world. It is made to handle the 50BMG round. I'm not sure I have seen a CRF in a 50 size action.

Lack of quarter rib, I'm guessing it is possible they were trying to save as much weight as possible. That is the only thing I can come up with.

@Bullthrower338 can probably comment on the length of pull. It is probably a scaling issue making it look shorter than it actually is.
 
It is the same action used on many sniper rifles around the world. It is made to handle the 50BMG round. I'm not sure I have seen a CRF in a 50 size action.

Lack of quarter rib, I'm guessing it is possible they were trying to save as much weight as possible. That is the only thing I can come up with.

@Bullthrower338 can probably comment on the length of pull. It is probably a scaling issue making it look shorter than it actually is.
With all due respect, do you really believe that they were trying to save weight on a .700 caliber rifle? Double rifles chambered in 700NE (rimmed) are normally over 15#.

I agree with you about the LOP, it could be that the barrel is so big that it makes everything else look a out of proportion.
 
With all due respect, do you really believe that they were trying to save weight on a .700 caliber rifle? Double rifles chambered in 700NE (rimmed) are normally over 15#.

I agree with you about the LOP, it could be that the barrel is so big that it makes everything else look a out of proportion.
Hell I don't know, I'm just guessing.

The only thing I know for sure, ounces makes pounds.

The smith did a nice job with everything else. I have cut my own barrels before, don't run irons on long range rigs. I can't comment on the technical side of the irons as to a why. Just looking at it the barrel doesn't offer much taper, may not have had enough to make a quarter work/look right?
 
Amazing to me that they made it in a push feed round action. Not to mention the lack of a proper express rear sight and quarter rib. You would think of a rifle designed for hunting Africa in the traditional way with a HUGE cartridge like this, that they would pay closer attention to the details.

I'd also like to know the LOP on this rifle. It looks a little short to me.
Talking with the guy behind the counter, this rifle was made for a rather eccentric gentleman that never planned on hunting Africa with it, he just liked big guns. It is an expensive novelty to have the biggest baddest toy amongst your buddies at the range. There is a lot of that sort up here it seems!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,401
Messages
1,575,110
Members
170,221
Latest member
WoodrowCof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top