.375 H&H

Shoot your iron sights till you are 100 percent sure of sight picture and confident. That could take 5shots or 500. If Murphy's law takes over you'll still be ready I'm a big believer in quick detach mounts and low power scopes. Money no object tally mounts and savarski. Cheers

Some folks might say I'm an evil bastard for not favoring variable power optics.
But, I've had very satisfying results with only a 4x scope (Zeiss) on my old Mauser, in caliber .375 H&H.
It is mounted with Alaska Arms brand lever rings.
And, in the unlikely event I smash up my scope, I plan to rely on the iron sights as my contingency plan.
Also, I prefer some of the Austro-German scopes, over many other makers these days (goes for binoculars as well).
Velo,some folks might say your an evil Bastard but I doubt the choice of Optics has anything to do with it.

I have an old Bausch & Lomb Balvar 3-9x42 on my BRNO. Where I used to hunt it was fairly open so the 3-9 made sense. I would think a lot would depend on the area you are hunting. Heavy cover I might choose a 1-4x20 with a German #4 reticle. Mixed cover I would agree with previous posters about a 2-8. Depends on you feel comfortable with.

Velo,some folks might say your an evil Bastard but I doubt the choice of Optics has anything to do with it.

Lol...... I was going to say the exact same thing! Just Kidding though @Velo Dog. We love you man!

I have a 1x3 weaver variable on mine.

My CZ 550 wears a 2x8 Leupold.

Swarovski 1-6x with lighted circle dot reticle mounted in set of quick release mounts. you don't need more than 6x for anything a 375 will do and you only want 1-2x for hunting DG in close. If budget isn't a swaro then go with the Leupold. You don't need a lot of magnification to get the job done with sensible ranges of a 375.

congrats on purchasing a great rifle & caliber! have a leupold 1.5-5x20 on a 375 h&h. great for close up & have shot animals with it 200+ yds. initially thought with only 5x magnification a 200 +/- yd shot might be an issue - but it was not.

My M70 .375 wears a Leupold 1.5x5x20 w/German#4 reticle and Warne QD rings. Works like a charm. However, I am considering changing it out for a Leupold 2x7 or 2.5x8.

IMHO the best choice is the one you are most comfortable with and suited to the job you want it to do.

My .375, a Whitworth Express wears a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8 with a post & duplex reticle, I would make the same choice again.

Ultimately, I think it comes to the distance & game.

Bought myself a Safari 70 375H&H. Any advice on what size scope and make I should have fitted on it. Thank you.
Leupold VX6 2-12 with red dot. A top quality, extremely versatile scope. It's what I have on my .375 Ruger and I can't imagine anything being better.
Philip

+1 on the Leupold VX6 2-12. I have two .375 H&H's and have the same scope on both. Versatile enough to do anything anywhere.

I put a Trijcon 1-6 with a single post on my Sako 375. I am putting a Leupold VX5 1-5 on my Merkel 9.3x62.... I don't usually shoot beyond 200 yards with either and have not felt handicapped...

Well done, great choice on the rifle. I have the model 70 in 375 H&H also.. Topped off with a 2.5x 8 Leupold and QD mounts. Have killed two elk here in Colorado one at 40 yards and one at 350 yards. That variable scope really made the difference.
Best of luck with the new rifle

Seems that Leupold is phasing out the VX6 and replacing them with I believe a VX6 HD. You can fins the VX6 for sale at various vendors, I just bought one from Natchez for a 375 project that I am doing. Cause the .375H&H is such a flexible cartridge I purchased a 2x12x42 VX6 with a Fire Dot reticle. May be too much but I will let you know when the project is finished.
If you want something period I have a Redfield Bear Cub fixed 4x doing nothing.
Good Luck Good Shooting

Spot on. Great deals to be had on the VX6. I equipped my .375 with a VX6, 2x6 with fire dot reticle.....very happy with it thus far.

I fitted an old Zeiss Diavari, 3-9x36 on my Browning. I found it perfect for the terrain I was hunting in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.