.360 Remington Buckhammer!

@Rule 303
@Forrest Halley
Ya both a pair of Muppets
The 38-55 and the 375 Winchester big bore take exactly the same bullets. The 375 big bore us just a hot loaded 38-55. You can boost the old girl up to almost equal the big bore.
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen you're wrong you over Bundied bushman:D Drunk:. The .38-55 uses a .3775 bullet and the .375 win is a true .375"/9.5mm. I realize that this is neither a .25 nor a .35 and thus you are out of your depth... :A Tease: :E Lol: :A Outta:

@Rule 303
@Forrest Halley
Ya both a pair of Muppets
The 38-55 and the 375 Winchester big bore take exactly the same bullets. The 375 big bore us just a hot loaded 38-55. You can boost the old girl up to almost equal the big bore.
Bob
Bloody Hell Bob, you know I have a very good Forgettery when it comes to numbers. Seems you forgot that :LOL:

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen you're wrong you over Bundied bushman:D Drunk:. The .38-55 uses a .3775 bullet and the .375 win is a true .375"/9.5mm. I realize that this is neither a .25 nor a .35 and thus you are out of your depth... :A Tease: :E Lol: :A Outta:
@Forrest Halley
You must be suffering concussion from that 458 Lott your mind is a bit addled. A mate was playing with both while you were still in diapers. LOADED the SAME projectile in both no problems.
I may have to wave some Vegemite under your nose to regain your senses.
HA HA HA HA HA
Bob

@Forrest Halley
You must be suffering concussion from that 458 Lott your mind is a bit addled. A mate was playing with both while you were still in diapers. LOADED the SAME projectile in both no problems.
I may have to wave some Vegemite under your nose to regain your senses.
HA HA HA HA HA
Bob
Bloody heaven Bob just because a relocated Irishman did it doesn't make it prudent. The SAAMI specs are what they are. I would be interested to know if the bigbores didn't feature a .375 bore instead of the traditional dimensions.

I'm not a straight wall state participant and if I were I'd take either the Lott or a .357 mag lever gun depending on what shots were required. I don't need too much help on whitetails. Either caliber can be tailored to reach out and touch or be blunted to prevent over penetration or ricocheting.

The Buffalo Bore website claims that their 38/55 ammunition will work in a 375 Winchester.
From the website:
BARREL BORE

.375 BORE RIFLES

We use a bullet that is sized .377 inch. I am aware that 375 Winchester chambered rifles utilize a .375 inch bore. When fired, the .377 inch bullet will slug/size right down to .375 without raising pressures (we’ve tested the heck out of this) this is in part due to the construction of the bullet, but also due to our powder choice.

.381 BORE RIFLES

We are also aware that many old 38-55 rifles utilize a bore diameter of up to .381 inch, but most are between .377 and .380 inch. At 38,000 cup, there is enough pressure generated by this cartridge to cause that .377 diameter bullet to hit the rifling lands and slug up to the bore diameter (all the way up to .381 inch) and give wonderful accuracy.

My Marlin 336CB in 38/55 has a groove diameter of .379, per the specs from Marlin and per slugging the barrel myself to make sure.

There is also a lot of discussion on this topic at Marlinowners.com. If you think there is variation in bore size there is also variation in brass length for the 38/55. Most of the 336CBs like the longer brass.

There is also a lot of discussion on this topic at Marlinowners.com. If you think there is variation in bore size there is also variation in brass length for the 38/55. Most of the 336CBs like the longer brass.
If you think that's fun...how about Hornady lever evolution brass in .45-70 it's a might shorter than standard. Quite the kick in the pants when loading conventional bullets. Don't pay any mind to my lube grooves hanging out... :E Lol:

If you think that's fun...how about Hornady lever evolution brass in .45-70 it's a might shorter than standard. Quite the kick in the pants when loading conventional bullets. Don't pay any mind to my lube grooves hanging out... :E Lol:
Yep, it's that relatively long, pointy nose and think it applies to all the leverevolution rounds. If you look at Hodgdon data you get lower powder charges for the 225gr Leverevolution bullet than a regular 240gr bullet and you get less muzzle velocity according to Hodgdon data

Last edited:
I am hoping this round gets them to put some 35 caliber bullets on the shelves for reloading. I have hornady interlocks for my 35 reminton and they shoot well but I don't trust them to mushroom as much as Remington core lokts.

I am hoping this round gets them to put some 35 caliber bullets on the shelves for reloading. I have hornady interlocks for my 35 reminton and they shoot well but I don't trust them to mushroom as much as Remington core lokts.
You do realize that Hornady made the coreloc bullets right?

460 S&W in a Rifle (long) barrel will perform the same as hot 45-70 and 444esque straightwall loads. >3,500 ft/lbs @ 2500ish fps. No need to reinvent the wheel. What's OH's regs on Inlines and Shotguns (I have an accurized Rem 700 XtremeMuzzleLoader that's just as accurate as my centerfire rifles, and the loads are on-par w/ 375 HH V and E!!!) You feel it, you can't see it (smoke) but it's accurate. This deer was taken n/p at 225 yds. It runs out of steam at 400-500 (and I hunted hard to find a BDC reticle for it), but that's a little "extreme." This was its maiden voyage but I really got it for bear. 'Would love to use it in Africa, but 'think I might encounter difficulties (temporarily) importing the "ammo"-powder discs, .45 bullets in plastic sabots, and a primed brass cartridge.

IMG_20221209_160322~2.jpg
IMG_20221210_140815.jpg
IMG_20221220_162914~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
460 S&W in a Rifle (long) barrel will perform the same as hot 45-70 and 444esque straightwall loads. >3,500 ft/lbs @ 2500ish fps. No need to reinvent the wheel. What's OH's regs on Inlines and Shotguns (I have an accurized Rem 700 XtremeMuzzleLoader that's just as accurate as my centerfire rifles, and the loads are on-par w/ 375 HH V and E!!!) You feel it, you can't see it (smoke) but it's accurate.
Yet folks cry over gun when I shoot a whitetail with a big magnum rifle... :P Elmer Fudd:

@Flewis I had to smile when you mentioned trying to trade your daughter outta the Tikka. What I have learned is when a lady in the family lays claim to a shooting stick it is theirs FOREVER! My wifes 338 and 375 started off as mine. Now I reload for them. However having my better half as a hunting partner is priceless.

Yet folks cry over gun when I shoot a whitetail with a big magnum rifle... :P Elmer Fudd:
you don't have to put 4 pellets (200 gr) in it, but that's how the tracking distance only has a vertical component! I hope to use it in AK and Africa oneday (and on local bear - many weigh 650-875 lbs,) where that steam is needed! Long ago, 'decided a hot handloaded .300 Win Mag was too much for deer (as i shot 2 with one shot-another was lined up w/ the 1st and they both expired.) I got over it and now we have 3. Anything more than that is a bit extreme, but the idea behind the XML is that 200 gr of powder are required to push a 250-300 gr bullet, accurately to 400+ yds. It works! Plus, or deer and bear seasons run concurrently...

'Never, ever considered my Win 94 (or kids' Marlin 336) 30-30s a "Buck Hammer." More like doe-manglers. We once had some early "Lever Revolution" rubber-tipped ammo that literally bounced off shoulders. Hot handloading fixed the issue, but my son decided the 30-06 was his Buck Stopper and I my trusty 300 WM the Buck Dropper back then! lol It takes powder charges in excess of 60 gr to be buck hammers! To each, their own. Make the 308 or 3006 straightwall, and upgrade your small shop peen to a hand sledge. 454/460 out of a rifle will do just fine!!

No, just another CARTRIDGE in the same caliber as dozens before it. But hey, they need to sell more rifles in the new cartridge, so it'll NEVER end.
Pretty much worthless, 925 fpe @ 200 yards, it’s a gimmick round imo

prob a good home defense round, as opposing counsel can't claim "excessive force" was utilized ;) do they make rubber rounds for it? Pelosi could've used a buckHammer!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois