.360 Remington Buckhammer!

Guys these 2 rounds are for straight wall states. The 450 bushmaster, 444 45.70 all have too much recoil for children and some of the ladies. In that case they make sense. Dumb name aside.

What about the 38-55. Straight walled would not kick as much as a 45-70 etc

What about the 38-55. Straight walled would not kick as much as a 45-70 etc
Of course it wouldn't. The problem is that the caliber is a bit dated and uses an odd ball .378-.379 diameter bullet. If it were a true .375...no problem. Using a .30-30 as the parent case is not a bad idea really and lining it up with .358 bullets makes the most sense. The .350 legend going to 9mm bore was a smart moves as with it being semiautomatic, it's liable to see a higher volume of fire.in practice.

I still think this trash of being recoil shy in the .30-06 to .45-70 range is a case of eat hearty, practice and try again next year for hefting the deer rifle.

Forrest H. Every mag you read it seems recoil is in the first paragraph you read. In loading manuals the don’t talk about it much before the 22 Hornet. It’s the weak world we live in.
@Flewis some serious unpreparedness out there now. Daddy used to say keep practicing and we'll see about it next season. That was in the days of the mighty .30-06. I'm not sure field and stream even recognizes that as a deer cartridge anymore.

Of course it wouldn't. The problem is that the caliber is a bit dated and uses an odd ball .378-.379 diameter bullet. If it were a true .375...no problem. Using a .30-30 as the parent case is not a bad idea really and lining it up with .358 bullets makes the most sense. The .350 legend going to 9mm bore was a smart moves as with it being semiautomatic, it's liable to see a higher volume of fire.in practice.

I still think this trash of being recoil shy in the .30-06 to .45-70 range is a case of eat hearty, practice and try again next year for hefting the deer rifle.

Forgot about the odd ball calibre was thinking it was a .38/9mm cal.

There are ways to build recoil tolerance, like starting with a soft cal and working up. Being taught how to hold a rifle properly, improving the stock etc. To me all the take about recoil on anything .243 and under has to be taking the piss.

Flinch can be another thing brought on by excessive muzzle blast not just recoil. Simple ways to over come that to.........a longer barrel.

There are ways to build recoil tolerance, like starting with a soft cal and working up. Being taught how to hold a rifle properly, improving the stock etc. To me all the take about recoil on anything .243 and under has to be taking the piss.

Flinch can be another thing brought on by excessive muzzle blast not just recoil. Simple ways to over come that to.........a longer barrel.
There's a good solution in doing that as well as double plugging especially when there's a covered firing position at the range.

I agree with you on taking the piss. They're doing it deliberately to sell the new chamberings. I personally have a hard time listening to recoil tales of anything under .308.

The early t3 super lite, the t3x is 6lbs. Also have a rifle Inc that is a few ounces lighter but it is ported. I also have the t3x and am trying to trade her to get mine back, no luck yet.

So I was talking with my Navajo buddy today and I brought this cartridge up, he said Buckhammer? Sounds like a drink you would get in a gay Indian bar on the Rez! I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.
I am told the new 360 Buckwanker is carbon neutral & will help off set climate change the Australian Government is going to co fund it for rainbow warriors.

I am told the new 360 Buckwanker is carbon neutral & will help off set climate change the Australian Government is going to co fund it for rainbow warriors.
Actually I should not laugh at that as they will probably use that as their excuse to ban larger caliber cartridges.

Well Townsend @Bob Nelson 35Whelen says he’s carbon neutral but that hasn’t helped off set any climate change yet! LOL

@Rule 303
@Forrest Halley
Ya both a pair of Muppets
The 38-55 and the 375 Winchester big bore take exactly the same bullets. The 375 big bore us just a hot loaded 38-55. You can boost the old girl up to almost equal the big bore.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross