.350 Remington Magnum

That price is an absolute steal. Buy it and make some $$$$ on it in a few years. If nothing else. But after you body slam a few deer with it I would guess you will want to keep it.
No kidding, I wouldn’t be able to get my money out fast enough!

Great cartridge!.....way of ahead of its time in the ‘60’s....the first run at the short mag with its brother the 6.5. I wanted one and I’m left handed so Bobby Hart of Hart Rifles built me one on a Remington 700 action with a Schneider barrel. Shoots good but would shoot even better if you didn’t have to seat the bullets so deep to fit in the magazine box.

As a kid in the 70's my friend's dad had a 6oo in .350 mag. I LOVED that gun. Shot it couple times and what a wallop.
Over the decades of looking for one for myself, I started to realize from reading and experience that a little longer barrel like 20" or even 22" would allow for better ballistics. Alas, now I've actually been smitten with 9.3x62 the last couple of years. Lately I've also noticed .350 RM ammo is scarce again. I think the best factory gun is the Rem 700 Classic w/ sights for the .350 and I think it's a 22" barrel. In any event Good luck!

Great cartridge!.....way of ahead of its time in the ‘60’s....the first run at the short mag with its brother the 6.5. I wanted one and I’m left handed so Bobby Hart of Hart Rifles built me one on a Remington 700 action with a Schneider barrel. Shoots good but would shoot even better if you didn’t have to seat the bullets so deep to fit in the magazine box.

That is the same problem I have fortunately I found a left handed weatherby. It was still an interesting rifle.

Unique is definitely a description of the 600 Magnum. The dog leg bolt is odd(worked fine on the XP’s). Their 673 was hugely unsuccessful, it just doesn’t have the curb appeal to the market and the 600 cult kind of shunned it because, well it wasn’t a M600. They increased the barrel length while keeping the vent rib and it looks wonky as hell.
If it were here in the states I could have it sold in about one phone call. Like some guys that prefer blonds to brunette, the 600 is a chick with purple hair and a nose piercing!
Bullthrower
That Dogleg bolt handle worked well on the M17's, P14 s and Remington 30s as well .

673 was better looking.....:whistle::whistle::eek::D:D:rolleyes:

350s show up at most gun shows in Alaska. If I wasn't already committed to a 375 Ruger I might have got one.

A potential problem is the plastic trigger guard. I've seen them warped and bent, can't be good for accuracy. A few places make metal replacements but they are about $150. I like the idea of a 350 in a Model 7 more

350s show up at most gun shows in Alaska. If I wasn't already committed to a 375 Ruger I might have got one.

A potential problem is the plastic trigger guard. I've seen them warped and bent, can't be good for accuracy. A few places make metal replacements but they are about $150. I like the idea of a 350 in a Model 7 more
I have a metal replacement in my 600 and it is a vast improvement!

Hi Skinnersblade,

Sorry, I'm just seeing this thread now, and signed up to get in touch with you. I am interested in buying that 350 Remington Magnum. I am just next door in New Brunswick. I'm not sure if you can send me a Personal Message through this forum, but if so, I would really appreciate getting the contact information of the person or business who was selling it. I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope you get it Brush Bear. My hunting partner when I lived in NB used one. Ugly as sin but incredibly effective. I have a pic somewhere of a 12 pt he shot with it. We never scored that buck, but the rifle only extended a few inches outside the rack on each side!

Hi Skinnersblade,

Sorry, I'm just seeing this thread now, and signed up to get in touch with you. I am interested in buying that 350 Remington Magnum. I am just next door in New Brunswick. I'm not sure if you can send me a Personal Message through this forum, but if so, I would really appreciate getting the contact information of the person or business who was selling it. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hold your finger on his avatar or name. Click "Open". A window will pop up with options. Chose "start conversation"

I'm really quite surprised that they were not more popular. Same with the .450 Marlin, which was designed to match performance of the .45-70, but more suitable for bolt-action rifles. The trend these days is to cater to the long-range shooter, and I get that, but a .300 Win Mag with a 26" barrel and a 6-25x50 scope is not terribly useful in the thick eastern woods. Don't get me wrong, I love those setups too, but I'm surprised there aren't more short, 35-45 caliber, bolt-action rifles with open sights on the market. No offence intended to anyone, but I'm not a fan of lever-actions, and never have been. I'd love to see the Aussie 35 Sambar go mainstream in a short (20" barrel) rifle for thick brush hunting.

35 Whelen ballistics from a short carbine. Would make a great bear rifle!
Toby is 100% right. Major advantage is the short action. Flip side of the coin, those carbines pack a little punch ( on your end) after you squeeze the trigger. Heat of the moment, you probably won't even notice, just like report, but target practice you're going to know its there.

Good evening gentleman I recently came across a rifle forsale chambered in .350 Remington magnum. The rifle itself is a model 600remington. Included with the rifle is the reloading dies and a hundred brass.
I was wondering if our anyone could shed any light on this rifle/caliber as it is not one I'm accustomed to hearing about which leads me to believe it was either not a popular round or the model didn't hang around long.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge.
@skinnerblade
The 350 rem mag is a short belted magnum that as the same as the 35 Whelen. The Remington 600 was a light weight little rifle with an 18 and a half inch barrel and had a reputation of kicking like a mule.
It was a cartridge ahead of its time strangled by being in the 600 instead of the 700.
It's a potent cartridge in a short package.
Bob

Remington later brought out the model 660 which did away with the nylon vent rib and increased the barrel length to 20”. Remington also produced the M673, about 15 years ago, which looked similar to the M600 but had a metal rib and 22” barrel. The M7 was also chambered in the .350.
If I remember correctly, Ruger produced a few .350 mags in their M77.
Back in the 1960’s I wanted a 600 in .350. The laminated stock, vent rib and dogleg bolt handle along with the Remington catalogue’s recommendation of that round for everything up to griz made this teenager salivate. Alas, it never came to fruition.
JMO: Now ammo for the .350 is tough to come by and the .35 Whelen is the .350’s ballistic equal and is easily formed from ‘06 brass should the need arise. Unless you just “have to have” the .350,

Remington later brought out the model 660 which did away with the nylon vent rib and increased the barrel length to 20”. Remington also produced the M673, about 15 years ago, which looked similar to the M600 but had a metal rib and 22” barrel. The M7 was also chambered in the .350.
Back in the 1960’s I wanted a 600 in .350. The laminated stock, vent rib and dogleg bolt handle along with the Remington catalogue’s recommendation of that round for everything up to griz made this teenager salivate. Alas, it never came to fruition.
JMO: Now ammo for the .350 is tough to come by and the .35 Whelen is the .350’s ballistic equal and is easily formed from ‘06 brass should the need arise. Unless you just “have to have” the .350,
@meigsbucks
You can get forming dies for the 350 and make your own out of 7mm,300 or 338 mag brass. A bit of playing around but doable
Bob

You are correct. Ruger did make a run of M77 350 Rem Mag awhile back. I saw one in my local gun store once.

My 350 Rem mag is in an XP100R. I wanted to buy one when they were in production, but I never order one. I placed an add in Shotgun News when the itch got unbearable. I bought a pretty nice one from a guy in New York State. My total take to date is one whitetail deer, one shot fired in a hunting situation. I need to do more with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you