.350 Remington Magnum

Reaction score
Media
Good evening gentleman I recently came across a rifle forsale chambered in .350 Remington magnum. The rifle itself is a model 600remington. Included with the rifle is the reloading dies and a hundred brass.
I was wondering if our anyone could shed any light on this rifle/caliber as it is not one I'm accustomed to hearing about which leads me to believe it was either not a popular round or the model didn't hang around long.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge.

The 600 in 350 is a very sought after rifle, ugly as sin but as sweet as anything in thick brush. If you can get a good buy on it, jump on it. It took me years to find a good one and I paid for it.

What would be a reasonable price ? This rifle was fired about a dozen times by the original owner at which time he lost it two the secound owner on a bet on arm wrestling. Both men were mill workers. The rifle hasn't had a complete box of factory ammunition fired through it.

What would be a reasonable price ? This rifle was fired about a dozen times by the original owner at which time he lost it two the secound owner on a bet on arm wrestling. Both men were mill workers. The rifle hasn't had a complete box of factory ammunition fired through it.
As is said price is always subject to desire! I really wanted one, plus the guy bidding against me in a live auction was a prick and my wallet was plenty full!
The blue book says 1050 in 100% condition. Go from there. They were made in 65-68 so there isn’t a bunch out there, let alone ones in good shape. If you decide against it, let me in on the deal, I’d buy a second one in a second at the right price.

Your welcome to it if I can arrange it , I was simply interested in learning about an unusual caliber rifle combination. I found it awkward to handle as I'm left handed.

I'm unsure about laws regarding shipping rifles internationally? Is it possible to ship from Canada to amirica?

I'm unsure about laws regarding shipping rifles internationally? Is it possible to ship from Canada to amirica?
It is possible but more of a pain in the butt than I care to deal with. I should have known it was up there, it was snapped up as a handy rifle for moose and bears, as such most made the move north. Remington has a short lived resurrection of the 350 in the model 673
6- Model 600
7- Model 7 action
3- 2003 when it was introduced.
I got one in 350 and 6,5 Rem Mag. And they are still ugly! Lol

The ventilated rib was certainly unique on a rifle as was the two tone laminated stock.
I bet it really ruined someone's day to loose it arm wrestling even if it was less then attractive.

If YOU believe the price for the rifle is fair, buy it! Listen to Bullthrower 338 or some others here with their expertise on this rifle and it’s fair market value. The dies and brass are also a bonus, as both could be difficult to find at a reasonable price elsewhere. Good luck with your decision!

The ventilated rib was certainly unique on a rifle as was the two tone laminated stock.
I bet it really ruined someone's day to loose it arm wrestling even if it was less then attractive.
Unique is definitely a description of the 600 Magnum. The dog leg bolt is odd(worked fine on the XP’s). Their 673 was hugely unsuccessful, it just doesn’t have the curb appeal to the market and the 600 cult kind of shunned it because, well it wasn’t a M600. They increased the barrel length while keeping the vent rib and it looks wonky as hell.
If it were here in the states I could have it sold in about one phone call. Like some guys that prefer blonds to brunette, the 600 is a chick with purple hair and a nose piercing!

As AZDAVE has done, I would neck up the .350 Remington to .416 (.416 Express?) if in a different rifle? Has to be a great, shorter .416? I don’t know about rebarreling the 600 though, it would probably ruin it’s historical/intrinsic value? But the .350 Remington Magnum, as was the 6.5 Remington Magnum, were cartridges created before their time and current crop of short, fat cartridges. Some recent renewed interest though?

Used to hunt with an old timer who had a 600 when I was a kid. It’s an absolute hammer on big game. If you’ve ever heard someone say that a caliber outperforms it’s ballistics the .350 wrote the book on it. I loved the way it looked and dreamed about getting one. When the 673 came out in early 2000s I snatched it up right away. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder because it’s my favorite gun in my case, and any time I have friends or family over the .350 is the one they want to see. Get it if you can!

If I recall the 600’s vent rib was plastic. I actually like the way it looks but a plastic vent rib is like a fishnet raincoat.

The shape of the stock didn’t look to do any favors for recoil abatement either.

The 350 Rem Mag always seamed a well balanced cartridge for a short barrel rifle. I don’t know why it never took off. I guess anything larger that 30 is never going to be as popular in the US.

But now we have the .350 Legend!

Maybe it will get us some .35 caliber AR barrels so one can craft a .358 Win on an AR-10 platform?!

That’s an optimistic way to view the 350 Legend. I find it difficult to get excited over this new cartridge since I don’t live in a straight wall requirement state nor have interest in AR pattern rifles.

The 350 Legend looks like a good alternative to a 357 Mag, not a good alternative to a proper deer cartridge. In an AR10 length magazine you could fit a 350 “Super” Legend. That might burn enough powder to be interesting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.54.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.54.19 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 257
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.54.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.54.25 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.54.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.54.15 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 182
That is what lead me to ask our brethren, I had never seen on before either.
I can tell you atleast for me personally the dog handle bolt is extremely awkward to rack left handed.
The gentleman wanted 750$ canadian for that particular rifle which seems a fair price. I believe the exchange rate is in the area of .75 to the 1.00

That is what lead me to ask our brethren, I had never seen on before either.
I can tell you atleast for me personally the dog handle bolt is extremely awkward to rack left handed.
The gentleman wanted 750$ canadian for that particular rifle which seems a fair price. I believe the exchange rate is in the area of .75 to the 1.00
That price is an absolute steal. Buy it and make some $$$$ on it in a few years. If nothing else. But after you body slam a few deer with it I would guess you will want to keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross