.318 Westley Richards Boxlock

PaulB

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
292
Reaction score
1,811
Media
38
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Built in 1912, my Westley Richards .318 Accelerated Express boxlock double is a good example of this famous cartridge in a double rifle. The .318 earned a legendary reputation in Africa for its flat trajectory and tremendous penetration. I took a .318 to Tanzania and Botswana this year, I couldn’t be happier with its performance.

Combining the .318 cartridge with the quick handling and immediate second shot of a Westley Richards double makes this a particularly interesting setup from the golden age of African & India hunting.

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6500.jpeg
IMG_6510.jpeg
IMG_6502.jpeg
 
Very nice paul
 
Thanks for sharing Paul.

What a great sibling for your .318 Drop-lock.

Just wonderful.

What do you know of it's history and provenance?
 
Thanks for sharing Paul.

What a great sibling for your .318 Drop-lock.

Just wonderful.

What do you know of it's history and provenance?
Alas, I know very little about this one, I do not have the ledger entry on it, and just haven't had the time to research it. Forgive me
 
Very nice as always.

Tell me about that compass - a vintage piece?
 
Another beautiful British double from the golden age of gun making. Love that you still hunt her, and I’m not alone in taking these old girls out into the field.
 
WOW!!!! What a beauty and thank you for sharing with us.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,354
Members
169,529
Latest member
LawrenceBo
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top