300 H&H

Fabulous cartridge in a perfect rifle to chamber it. Congratulations on a wonderful find.

Mine is a somewhat embellished Ruger No. 1. Just the ticket for a BC mule deer.

The .300 H&H is everything that the Win Mag claims to be, with just a bit more sophistication and class. :cool: Chamber it in a pre-64 and assume the ultimate look of haughtiness. Congrats again.
tricked out Ruger No. 1

BC Mulie

Beautiful. Who did the work on that rifle?
 
My affinity for classic cartridges recently led me to a beautiful pre 64 (1952) model 70 in 300 H&H. The price was very good and since It came with a Leupold 3x9 scope and a set of RCBS dies, it was too good a deal to pass up. The rifle is in terrific condition and seems to have seen little use. The stock was cut but I was able to replace it with an original I picked up.

View attachment 673061View attachment 673062

Despite the flyer, I was very happy with the rifle’s accuracy using 180gr Nosler accubonds. Excellent group for a 73 year old rifle!

View attachment 673060

I worked up some rounds with IMR 4350 and some 165gr Hornady interlock I had on hand and will try them out tomorrow to sight in and get a better feel for the rifle.

Any suggestions on a good hunting round— Bullet and powder? What’s your favorite for this classic rifle and cartridge combo? Planning to use it out west for mulies and antelope at some point but also may use it for plains game and for Stag.
You’re a lucky man. She is beautiful!!! Best rifle ever made!!!!!!
 
Beautiful. Who did the work on that rifle?
The metal work is by Turnbull, but I found the rifle at Hendershots with a 3/4 completed stock and no other work. Apparently an heir sold it to them. A stock maker in Virginia finished it, and I then sent it to Doug.

Needless to say, it was an inexpensive head start on what became a fine custom rifle.
 
Stunning rifle!
Been fiddling with the 168gr TSX over VV N555 recently.
Accuracy is outstanding.

I would like to try the 168gr TTSX, but fear that the bullet might be too long.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,027
Members
168,810
Latest member
WillaBeyer
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top