11 months from field to trophy room!

very nice indeed !

Beautiful mounts Johnny! The pedestal is awesome!!

Congrats, beautiful. Your turn around time is fantastic! I'm still waiting on my baboon I took with Paw Print over a year ago and it was only a dip & pack.

Congrats, beautiful. Your turn around time is fantastic! I'm still waiting on my baboon I took with Paw Print over a year ago and it was only a dip & pack.
Funny story on the turn around time, well at least for me. My taxidermist charges 10% fee for expedited service. Meaning 90 days. Unfortunately for him the tannery screwed him up a bit and they missed the 90 day service by several weeks. So I received my trophies without the additional fee. Yes! One for the little guy. Lol

You must have a half acre of room just for the Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok combo.
Neat idea for some big guys.

You must have a half acre of room just for the Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok combo.
Neat idea for some big guys.
Big guys??? Sure as heck not me. You don't want to know what my wife said!

Very nice mounts Johnny! The pedestal is outstanding. You will enjoy years of them reminding you of your trip and the many stories to share. Looking forward to more pictures when you get your hands on them again.

Very nice mounts Johnny! The pedestal is outstanding. You will enjoy years of them reminding you of your trip and the many stories to share. Looking forward to more pictures when you get your hands on them again.
Thank you sir.

They look great.

I don't like the sound of that.

Hi everyone, well I got an email today from Wes Goode of Kanati wildlife taxidermy. My Namibian trophies are ready to be delivered by his crew. It's been almost 11 months to the day I harvested my trophies, and now there ready to come home. I wanted to share those pictures with members. I'll post some close up shots next week once I put them in my getting smaller trophy room. The wildebeest in the photo is not mine.

View attachment 157263 View attachment 157264 View attachment 157265
Beautiful trophies Johnnyblues. Congrats.
Witold

Great looking trophies Johnnyblues, Please show some photos when you get them home and set up in your room. I am particularly interested in seeing the pedestal combo in a home environment.

Great looking trophies Johnnyblues, Please show some photos when you get them home and set up in your room. I am particularly interested in seeing the pedestal combo in a home environment.
Unfortunately the room there going in is small, I'm about out of room for my trophies so the room will do them no justice. This addition makes 43 trophies with two more coming from my mini safari in SA this past May. My next home God willing will have a larger trophy area which will " better display " my trophies. But I still plan to post some close up shots for the taxidermy guru 's.

Big guys??? Sure as heck not me. You don't want to know what my wife said!

Probably something very similar to what mine said when she saw my buffalo pedestal.... :A Argue:

I remember ( barely) something about reinforceing the floor......

This addition makes 43 trophies with two more coming from my mini safari in SA this past May. My next home God willing will have a larger trophy area which will " better display " my trophies.

This made me think.... I'm getting a fair amount of taxidermy myself and will love at some point. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about having to move taxidermy from one house to another, crating costs etc...

Would be great to hear about your experience and cost after you're moved.

I absolutely dread the thought of that process. Mainly because they need to be handled with care. Crating will be way to expensive. I often think how to handle it.

I absolutely dread the thought of that process. Mainly because they need to be handled with care. Crating will be way to expensive. I often think how to handle it.

Will be interested to see what you come up with. Might be a good thread to start to see what others have done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross