ZIMBABWE: Dalton & York Hunt In Maninga

That's a fine lead in to the story.....

Congratulations on a very successful hunt. Your leopard is massive!

Nice teaser. A man of a few words.
Looking forward to the full story behind the nice trophys.

Good stuff, Congrats.

So, where is the report? I am still waiting! ;)

Kevin was it exploratory for you or did they just open up camp and area?
Exploratory for me, the camp was well established and had done several hunts. We saw a nice group of buff and lots of elephant sign.

Will this be an episode or two in TIA5?

Great hunt- I hunted maninga years ago with opposite results. Happy you had a great safari!

Hoping to read a great hunt report

Since OP seems to have vanished.

@Kevin Peacocke ??
It’s also in the Zambezi Valley and on the way to the Omay and D&Y Safaris other areas. Road transfer following arrival in Harare is about 4 hours whereas the is 8+ to the Omay.

Since OP seems to have vanished.

@Kevin Peacocke ??
Maninga is a smallish concession (40 000 hectares or so) down at the southern tip of the Dande. You access it from the main Harare-Kariba road and turn north at Lions Den, travel through Mhangura and it is about 60km north of there. It is on the top of the Zambezi escarpment, so not truly lowveld, and quite hilly. There are elephant and buffalo up there, but to me this looks more like kudu country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhOKVIP

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.