Zebra Pictures

Limpopo 2008

lRUdych.jpg

Attachments

• lRUdych.jpg
    lRUdych.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 114
One of my favorite hunting experiences was with zebra. We made a good stalk and spent time picking out the stallion and he was beautiful. And the rug is one of my favorite "African" pieces, even the mighty hunting dogs agree with me!
Now that's a tough one to call. Chapman's tend to have white legs, the stripes don't usually go all the way down the leg. It has shadowing between the primary stripes? I'll have to compare pictures. Most would automatically say that yours is a Burchell's for sure. I'm not an expert, so I'm not making the call.
And I think the zebra is way under rated as a 'game' animal. I get this a lot, "why would you shoot a horse?" Smartest, spookiest animal I've ever hunted.

Limpopo 2008

lRUdych.jpg
Beautiful, that's a stud. Any more pictures, from different angles? The front legs have faint stripping, almost spotting, which can be a characteristic of a Chapman's. Love the marking around the eye. Like a warrior painting his face.

I'm sure all the zebra we saw and\or hunted were Burchell's. Something to consider with regard to the skins, is that zebra skin is awesome to put on the back of african animals mounted on a pedestal form-to cover the foam on the back of the mount. I'm hoping to have Mr. Gizmo build me some pillows soon-
resize zebra skil.JPG
resize zebra skim.JPG
resize zebra skin.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful, that's a stud. Any more pictures, from different angles? The front legs have faint stripping, almost spotting, which can be a characteristic of a Chapman's. Love the marking around the eye. Like a warrior painting his face.

Another angle, with PH and tracker

GR0yHuu.jpg

Attachments

• GR0yHuu.jpg
    GR0yHuu.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 111
Good tread ,not much date about zebras .For SCI ,Roland WARD ,CIC ,etc. zebra not trophy. Hope for hunters interesting to compare,
maybe length of the zebra rug. Just from nose tip to back without tail. In pics my first Africa trophy Hartman s zebra from Namibia 2009. Length 113 inch.
P4121291.JPG
P4121293.JPG
P4121288.JPG

Photo 2021-03-22, 16 28 12.jpg

I'll be heading to Botswana in June with zebra on the hit list. They will probably be Burchells. It is difficult sometimes to tell the Burchells and the Chapmans apart. And many will argue over which is which.
This one I took in Namibia in 2019 is up for debate. Half the PHs that look at it say it is a Burchells, the other half say Chapmans. I lean towards a Chapmans, but I can't say for sure.
Basing it off of the mostly white legs. Burchells tend to have the stripes all the way to the hooves. This guy is on my living room floor and I will never forget the shot or the hunt that day.
1619107194746.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiloHardem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross