Your Hunting Vehicle

The old landcruiser was a real machine.
was… I think still is! :W Jeep: the closest I could get to a 4x4 emojis!

Funny how as a kid you have dreams, all I wanted as kid was to one day have a landcruiser with CB radio in it, thought it was the coolest thing in the world.....amazing how times have changed, when I eventually got my first landcruiser, immediately put a two way radio, then it went to more advanced "sate phone" and nowadays mobile phones, we living in a fast changing world.

My two faves

20160416_110150.jpg
20150127_144508.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This Land Cruiser J70 came back a week ago after "restauration" and I think it's one of my favourite because it's open.
Best regards,
Michael

DSCN0918.jpg

Classic photo, go Mike.

Very rare Toyota Land Cruiser.... 1978 BJ40 b motor left hand drive all numbers match.... I drive it every day.
10614329_341251826038351_7729681913382051597_n.jpg

Macs,
This is a great hunting vehicle you've got there! Perfect for hunting in Europe, lots of room for everything, including hunters, game keepers, beaters, dogs, firearms and a few kills... We used to have the same one for 20 years, and it served us very well. As a boy in France I used to ride in the front on the hood in the spare tire! Great memories. Hold on to it, that's a real collector, you don't see many around anymore.
Here are the hunting vehicles that we use in Namibia.

watermark.php

Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 Long Wheel Base, my preferred ride...

watermark.php

Toyota Hilux 4x4 Pickup Truck

watermark.php

Horse-Drawn Carriage for Game Viewing, 2 horse power
how many miles to the oat bag?

Last edited by a moderator:
My first 4x4 was an 1960 Austin Gypsy. It didn't have a lot of speed, but I generally wasn't going fast since where I was going there weren't roads. For those unfamiliar with it, it was basically a Land Rover made by Austin.

Thanks Spike- That's it. Mine was the tan variation, until it was painted bright red.

image.jpg

This was my dads 1949 Cadillac track inspection car! He hunted just fine in it! Ha! Oh for the good ole days!

Charlie, that's just incredible.

Thanks Simon!

I gave my 2001 diesel Excursion to my oldest son, so my 2000 LX470 (a land cruiser in Lexus clothing) will be my hunting vehicle this year. I had an OME 1.5" lift kit, BIOR sliders and full skid plates installed, so it should be more nimble and capable than my Excursion. No bumpers or winch as yet but should work just fine ... :)

Attachments

• Image_zpskpa5gdub.png
    Image_zpskpa5gdub.png
    642 KB · Views: 139
Corelli,my best 4WD ever
Corelli.jpg

countless miles in the countryside with him.
He never broke down.
Corelli 4WD.jpg

my little horse truck ,when we went to hunt ,riding in the mountains or turnaments.
Corelli Lkw.jpg

and somtimes by coach
coach.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois