Your Favorite Africa Hunting Photo

Edward, Very unique and great looking Nyala. Looks like a cross with a bongo.

Did this nyala have testicles. The colorization makes me wonder if he was a eunuch.
fully developed,with cow and weened offspring's.

Both of these are from Tanzania.

0_D96_D163-82_EB-4_DCB-8_B38-98099736_ABFE.jpg
A11865_D4-_CDD7-4_BE2-_BEDE-6_C9_F986688_FC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just keeping this thread at the top! I really like it. Post more pics!

IMG_4564.JPG

As others have said, it is hard to choose a photo. I am not sure if this is my favorite, but this topi was the first animal I shot that was bigger than me.

Many decades have past and time dulls the memories, but you can see the pride and excitement shinning through the smile of that young boys face. I can't read his mind, but I know he felt blessed and had a prayer of thankfulness on his lips.

View attachment 219133
Wheels ,
you are the best term of a nice scalawag (we say Lausbub ,hope, I found the correct translation,I've got no better one, hoping you know what I mean).
Your picture could date from the mid 60ies ??
The time where "Daktari "came to us on television in Germany.
Oh, how I have loved this nonsense :)
Regards
Foxi
89135.jpg

Wheels ,
you are the best term of a nice scalawag (we say Lausbub ,hope, I found the correct translation,I've got no better one, hoping you know what I mean).
Your picture could date from the mid 60ies ??
The time where "Daktari "came to us on television in Germany.
Oh, how I have loved this nonsense :)
Regards
Foxi
View attachment 219680

Foxi

I don’t know if I have seen any of Daktari but I have heard of it.

I do remember traveling and being stopped from going to a certain place because of a movie being filmed. It may have been “Cowboy in Africa “ or something like that.

Also the old Trapp farm that is now Arusha NP, had photos of movie stars that had filmed some of the sceens there like John Wayne in Hatari. There were other movie photos but I don’t remember them now.

The first satellite I ever saw was in Nairobi. We were at a drive in theater watching “War Wagon”. This odd thing is moving quickly across the sky. My father and a couple other adults start discussing it and trying to figure out what it was. Then everyone at the drivein was watching the satellite and not the movie. They determined that the only thing it could be was a satellite. This was around ten years after Sputnik. Now they seem so common, but at that time it was more exciting than the movie, and we only got to see one or two movies a year.

Last edited:
Foxi

I don’t know if I have seen any of Daktari but I have heard of it.

I do remember traveling and being stopped from going to a certain place because of a movie being filmed. It may have been “Cowboy in Africa “ or something like that.

Also the old Trapp farm that is now Arusha NP, had photos of movie stars that had filmed some of the screens there like John Wayne in Hatari. There were other movies but I don’t remember them now.

Hatari is a supercool movie.
But here you can see John Wayne ,Elsa Martinelli and an other for me unknown guy during the Hatari Sylvester party in Momella.
They don't look very amused.
HatariJohnWayneNYE1960.jpg

Here's what I was told. If you fall over and can't swim, you'll live five minutes longer than if you can swim. There also were three motorcycles, two dogs, a pile of dried fish and four kids on board that are either hidden or partially hidden. Down in the bow too. I'm sure it was all MCG approved.:LOL:
P1060316.jpg

Surely one of my favorites....

A good old laugh after a very hard hunt. Creating memories and making new friends while doing what we love. Best job ever!

IMG_5376.JPG

IMG_1687.PNG

I took this pic on my first trip to Africa in 2012 in Mozambique. While I was not hunting(I was there to fish), these gentlemen were....a crocodile had taken one of their buddies earlier in the day and they were out for revenge. I never heard if they got him or not, but this image has been burned into my memory ever since.

A couple other photos I really like. I fell pretty hard for this Jack Russell (J.J. by name). He was so full of personality and energy, but liked his cuddles like any other dog. I imagine all the Jack Russells are like that! Sadly, a short while after my hunt was over, J.J. was bitten by a mamba and died. I'm glad that I took so many pics with him in them.
347.JPG

351.JPG

IMG_7733.JPG

First place I hunted in Africa...Namibia, originally a cattle farm from 1904. All building materials, etc. were brought in by ox cart....lots of photos taken during the construction period still on the walls..

THE BIG COUNTRY
100_1477.JPG

no fellows,not Texas--Namibia.
I should emigrate once.
Namibia would have been
I think,that no country in Africa(below the Sahara desert)is so far and unsettled as the former South West Africa,so we called it in earlier times.
@Red Leg,you like this saddle better ?

Wonderful thread with lots of extraordinary pictures.

Last edited:
Now that is a saddle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
computerstore

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.