Your avatar and user name

My nickname came from a gentleman I hired years ago in a restaraunt I owned. he had a handicap that prevented him from saying my real name properly, and I became k-man to him. It was funny to some, but I use it proudly to remember Jeri. I change my avatar often just to look at something different.

My avatar is when I was looking at an airplane, and this lady thought I was her pilot. I didn't know what to say at first, but figured what the hell! So I somehow got off the ground and we later married as she thought me smart figuring out how to fly so fast, and also posted bail, so we married! I'm joking.... :ROFLMAO: That is my wife and I fly to California to see family. Our first flight that distance together and my longest ever! Until we get to Africa, that is my favorite memory together. Sorry for the joke, but I just couldn't help it!

My avatar is my buffalo I shot on my first safari in Zim with my wife Elaine on our 40th anniversary. Name is the name of our farm in the Missouri Ozarks. Leaving on safaris on 8 weeks. May have to change to wife and I with an Elephant.

My avatar is a picture of one of the paths at Kanana. I figure I don't want to post a pic of myself, might bring the internet down.
My user name is one of the many variations I have heard of my last name. A one time boss use to call me this and one of my friends heard him and than they all started to. Nothing to interesting.

My logo came with my registration......I just figured everyone got a different logo, and this was mine!:LOL::ROFLMAO: Seriously, I didn't have any African hunting experience, and most of my pics would look ridiculously small on an avatar, so I haven't bothered, to date.
My screen name? Came from a bird hunt a long, LONG time ago.....we were hunting chukar partridge on a preserve, and I was hunting with two other fellows. They both had 12 gauges, and I had a 16. My spaniel flushed a bird as we were heading in at the end of the day, and they both emptied their guns without scratching a feather; I then said something like "Let me show you how it's done" (or something similar, I can't remember specifically) and pulled up and shot(the bird was a good ways out by now).......and the bird fell down dead to a lucky pellet that hit it in the back of the head. I said nothing, just reloaded and looked at both of them, both of which had a look of disbelief on their faces. One of them said "All right, Mr. 16 gauge." We sent the dog to retrieve, and paced off the distance and estimated it to be 60-65 yards (I'm sure momentum carried that bird a good distance from where it was actually hit...it looked a lot farther than it probably actually was).
Anyway, the next day at work the story was retold several times, and each time I was refered to as "Mr. 16 gauge over there" or "Did you hear what Mr. 16 gauge did yesterday", etc. So, when we got on the net and I needed a screen name, it just seemed a natural one to use (but I do like hunting with a 16 gauge shotgun).(y)
Best story yet!

My user name is my actual Sir name though all my life people thought it was my nickname ..... My avatar is myself and the guys I went to Namibia in 2011 with . Also there is some great and interesting stories here ..... always interested in what makes people tick .
Glen

Last edited:
Well my avatar is a photo of one of my most challenging hunts and my user name is simply j for Jeff which is my middle name and the one I've gone by all my life and the fact that I love to hunt ducks. Nothing really complicated about me or my username.

My Avatar is from one of my recent hunts in SA. And my Username comes from a book someone I know personally had published concerning the human trafficking issue. The book came out the day before I joined this site. Holly is a human trafficking survivor. Her book was written to be used in schools here in the U.S. to warn young people on how to not fall prey to sex predators. I only wish I had read it before I joined the social media sites. The human trafficking issue is a cause dear to my heart, and one I educate others on in an effort to help put it to an end. http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Prey-Americas-Vulnerable-Slavery/dp/1137278730

Username: My favorite rifle is my 7.82 Warbird built by the late Jerry Simison. He was not only one hell of a great gunsmith but a good friend. When I was planning the build for a overbore 30 cal to launch heavy VLD's he told me that I wanted a Warbird.

Avatar: This year my dream came true when I had the chance to hunt a lioness. She was my first DG hunt and a remarkable one for sure!

The various storiea behind the idetities share such a huge range of experiences - I am really moved by so many of them.

The various storiea behind the idetities share such a huge range of experiences - I am really moved by so many of them.

As diverse as the crowd making them up.

I'm the operations manager for a water utility so that is my name I haven't figured out yet how to put a picture up for an avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have changed my picture over the years and the current picture is from my last trip to Africa in 2014 and the Kudu we were lucky to get at sundown.

And i have used my original name, nothing here to hide...plus it helps some become AH friends find me on Facebook.

In Australia they tend to add an o on the end of most names - don't quite know why but then this is a strange and wonderful country. Some folks even call red heads bluey... (Sorry but I couldn't resist!) my name is Adrian, but it ended up being Ado...

My Avatar is my proudest hunt, on foot in a 70 strong herd, scared shitless but absolutely loving every second. One shot kill - it really does not get better...

Ado

Impala are my favorite plains game, I took this one last year during the rut. The Rams were on the move and grunting like crazy.

Name, well I've been working in Saudi Arabia for the last five years.......... nough said.

First off...Great idea for a thread!

Avatar is my Sable from a 2012 trip to Moz. Special because I never thought it would become a reality.

User name is a little more complicated. Years ago (2006-2007), I ran across this forum and would periodically get on and browse. I couldn't see photo's without being a member so I signed on as (if I remember correctly) "416Rigbyman" due to my love of the .416 Rigby of course. Life got busy and I had a brief hiatus from AH. When I returned, I forgot my password. For the life of me, I could not remember or find where I recorded it. So, not knowing Jerome or Wayne like I do now, I decided it was easier just to come up with a new username. Damnit! Everything I could think of that referenced a 416 Rigby was already taken! After a couple of dozen tries with "User name not available" (or something similar), I said screw it and thought of a user name anybody else would be ashamed to use! Walla! "Buff-Buster". Pretty corny story but it's the truth. Now I've gotten use to it and some of my friends even call me "BB"

My avatar is the first black bear I shot in Alaska and my son with with me. Priceless memory.
As for my username, I was a diesel mechanic for about 25 years, although not so much anymore, but still just use the same name I have used for many years on lots of several diffrent sites. It saves me always needing to remember new usernames.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois