AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
The 338 Lapua is longer than anything I would be reloading, COAL = 3.681" Wouldn't be able to load a 470 NE, but that isn't an issue for me, but is something to consider. The RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme lists a ram stroke length of 4", which I guess suggests it can handle cartridges with a COAL of 4".

From another source of info:

I load for 338-416 Rigby Improved, 416 Rigby, 500 NE 3 1/4” and 505 Gibbs on a RockChucker Supreme press. The latter 2 cartridges have 1” die bodies and the large opening is very adequate for all cartridges listed. Even the huge 505 Gibbs has heaps of room to place a bullet atop the case mouth prior to seating it. I had a Redding Big Boss II and an RCBS Ammomaster, both had handles that were too long and cumbersome, giving me back problems using them. Sitting too far away from the press was the problem.
The original RockChucker is rather limited in the opening size for the Lapua, even loading 375H&H on mine was a chore. I got plenty of pinched fingers loading that case on my original RockChucker.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
The need to be able to reload for the 470 NE is why I suggested the Rock Chucker Supreme for Charlie. At 75 I know that I will not be purchasing a 470. But you are a little too young to make a similar prediction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam8307762

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?