Your advice please

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Shootist43, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Hogpatrol

Hogpatrol AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
    Hunted:
    RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
    From another source of info:

I load for 338-416 Rigby Improved, 416 Rigby, 500 NE 3 1/4” and 505 Gibbs on a RockChucker Supreme press. The latter 2 cartridges have 1” die bodies and the large opening is very adequate for all cartridges listed. Even the huge 505 Gibbs has heaps of room to place a bullet atop the case mouth prior to seating it. I had a Redding Big Boss II and an RCBS Ammomaster, both had handles that were too long and cumbersome, giving me back problems using them. Sitting too far away from the press was the problem.
    The original RockChucker is rather limited in the opening size for the Lapua, even loading 375H&H on mine was a chore. I got plenty of pinched fingers loading that case on my original RockChucker.

2. Shootist43

Shootist43 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
    The need to be able to reload for the 470 NE is why I suggested the Rock Chucker Supreme for Charlie. At 75 I know that I will not be purchasing a 470. But you are a little too young to make a similar prediction.