Your 3 favorite hunting cartridges of all time

As a Mannlicher collector, you should consider 6,5mm, 8mm and 9,5mm Mannlicher!!!

;)

HWL
MS Proprietary Cartridges.jpg

Reactions: HWL

I hunted these three extensively this year.

Koedoe and buff with the 450-400 3&2/4”
4 x impala with the 7mm FN
Didnd fire the 9,3x62, but dit 30 odd km with her.

Nowadays most hunting happens with my Tikka CTR .308 - client rifle and bushpig rig with a thermal followed by my .416 Ruger for everything and my 6,5x57 Brno Mod 21.

The first three are still the favourites.

416 Remington Magnum would have to be the most versatile cartridge

Run the lighter projectiles for small game like rabbits and foxes then step it up to 400s and 450s for heavy game

Shoots as flat with a 400 as the 375HH does with the 300

And lighter to carry when compared to 375 HH in same rifle

Mild to shoot in a well set up rifle

What’s not to love

Hello Dewald,

GREAT RIFLES for two of my favorite cartridges you have!!!! If I would be able to choose, your FN 7x57 and your Original Sporting Oberndorf Model A Mauser 9,3x62 would be my choice, indeed!!!
Congratulations
By the way, and after have other top binoculares, all 10x42, like my formers Leica BA and Zeiss Victory HT, and after selling a Swarovski Habicht WGA 10x40, because seems redundant...I ended buying, again, a new Habicht (made in 2019) and selling the Victory HT...To me, one of the best all around hunting binoculares. Made like a tank and with optics second to none! Seems you agree...

Last edited:
Best all around choices for hunting in the mountains and southern swamps of Georgia….

22 mag

44 mag

30-06

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!