Your 3 favorite hunting cartridges of all time

22lr,.223 Rem,30-06 Springfield, 12 gauge. I love the 30-30 too. I got others , and I know that’s more than three, but I love them all.

22 LR
.308 WCF
12 gauge

.303 British good enough for everything in Ontario
.22lr for small game
And 12ga for stuff that flys,turkeys,small game and even big game if needed.

22LR
30/06
375 H&H

I also like the .300 Weatherby Mag, but I usually grab the 30/06

.22 Hornet.
30 - 06.
.375 H&H.

Cover the spectrum from 45 to 380 grains. perhaps from 35 grains.
And. Yes. Hunting bullets.
I personally shot one of the biggest kudu bulls that I ever laid my eyes on with a Hornet. With a 45 grain PSP bullet. And I've bagged a few.

The best rifle is the one you shoot the straightest with.

Enjoy your calibre.

7x57
8x68S
9.3x62

There's just something about metric calibres...

What the Germans achieved with their cartridges is just outstanding.
Even excluding the "S" and "S&H" versions.
A plain and simple. But very extraordinary range of products. And not chasing un-practically high speeds..
Satisfied with what works the best. And most accurate.

One must either be very brave or unwise to argue the absolute brilliance of the metric designs.

Enjoy Namibia Hunter.

10,75x68!!

:cool:

HWL
Nearly bought one from a local gun shop last year! Read up a bit and the reviews on the caliber weren't great, it isn't a 404J blah blah blah, so I instead went for another metric 8x68S which is better suited to my purposes. Do you have experience with the 10.75? I am fascinated with metric, obscure and nostalgic calibers, luckily it's not always all about the highest ft/s and ft.lb and the newest and shiniest.

An
10,75x68!!

:cool:

HWL

And the 12.5 x 70 Schuler.
Where did that go.
500 Jeffery .....................................

I maintain that if a product. Not one reverse engineered in china. Has a Toyota. Honda. Sony. Or other Jap brands on it. You can purchase it.
To the very same token. Should any whisper of Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung - GmbH only merely have whiffed past a product. You can rest assured.

Very few things in life. Never change.

Nearly bought one from a local gun shop last year! Read up a bit and the reviews on the caliber weren't great, it isn't a 404J blah blah blah, so I instead went for another metric 8x68S which is better suited to my purposes. Do you have experience with the 10.75? I am fascinated with metric, obscure and nostalgic calibers, luckily it's not always all about the highest ft/s and ft.lb and the newest and shiniest.

Fps was coined and imprinted into the psychic of the hunting world by a very good salesman by the name of Weatherby.
And exploited to perfection.
You can hit a squirrel with a field gun at 6,000 fps. And when your bullet placement is not secure. Spend the rest of your life on the spoor. Unsuccessfully.

I have no experience with the 0.75. At all. Sorry.

Ruger 458 Lott mag.
Steyr 338 LM mag.
CZ 204 Ruger

Yes Darth.
There is a a place for faster bullets as well.
On the contrary. A much larger fraternity walks this avenue.
Keep very well.

.308win - The "Do all" cartridge

.44 Remington magnum- "Do all" carbine round of the brushlands

6.5x55Swede- Underraded and unjustly overlooked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg