You know you are a safari addict when…

You know you are a safari addict when:
The pictures in your wallet are of your African Trophies and not the wife.

When you design an Africa room in the house you're planning, and you haven't even been yet.
And when you've already bought the .375 H&H although the only game around is deer, goats and roos.

When on the day you return from safari #5, you ask the wife to help save for the next trip trying for next year.
I started saving 3 weeks ago on my first day back stateside, she said "yes, lets go"! :)

You know your a safari addict when your wallet is empty and your trophy room is full.

When your three year old daughter tells everybody daddy hunts kudu for a living

As per wombat........
and when you keep looking for stuff to sell to pay for the next trip.....the boat is long sold, a rifle or two gone, I sold my dog ...he came back..I sold my dog, he came back, I sold my dog....s..t he's a clever mutt!

Well said Diamondhitch!!!!!

"You know your a Safari Addict when"....You walk into your bank and the loan officer says "I haven't seen you in five years, since your here, the last loan must be paid off and you must be planning another trip to Africa"

When you get your wife and kids to hunt as well! VERY EXPENSIVE !!!:think:

"You know you are a safari addict when", you are spending too much time away from the wife and she is suspicious, all this time you are spending it with your taxidermist.

A Dream can be relived again and again in Africa

You know your a safari addict when your wife threatens to divorce you, "if you bring another d _ _ _ dead animal into my house."

Your are there when this phrase makes perfect sense

"I hunt so I don't have to play golf"

even worse (like me)

Your guns are cleaned, your bags are packed, you check "hunting deals" twice a day and have 5 airlines on speed dial

As the current S.O. says.... a sad little man

Every time you have to go to the airport and you see someone in Khaki you are wondering "I bet he's going hunting!

When driving arround your town, you start to notice every wooded lot looks like the African bush!........then you start to hallucinate......Did I just see a Kudu standing there!

When you wear your Courtney's and gators to church.

When your trophy room is larger than the rest of your house......

When your travel agent asks which seats you would like and you reply "next to another hunter".

When you have to go buy an XMark Zero turn lawnmower (a couple hours from now) and you keep thinking that "my son and I are going on our first safari and that is the same price."
Then you wonder how much the neighbors would complain if you booked a trip for next year with that money and just let the grass grow.

When you start dreaming of ways to smuggle a raw kudu tenderloin past the guys at customs........

When you mention the word "Safari" and your taxidermist cracks a huge grin.......

When you're standing at the Blesbok exhibit at the San Diego zoo and some busybody gets all offended when she sees you looking through trophy photos to see if yours is bigger than the one in the exhibit........... That still cracks me up!

When you're standing at the Blesbok exhibit at the San Diego zoo and some busybody gets all offended when she sees you looking through trophy photos to see if yours is bigger than the one in the exhibit........... That still cracks me up!

LOL, was it? Dont leave us hanging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.