Would you rather?!!

chiefdale

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
headed over for my first dangerous game Safari this summer. Been over for plains game.

Here’s the dilemma: would you rather???

1. Shoot a lion and a lioness??

2. Shoot a lion and a cow buffalo?!?

Hmmmm . Probably for me the lions.

I really don’t want a lion of either sex, but if I had to choose, it would me the male cat and the female buff. Just the thought of tracking a herd of those big black things gets me excited.

Assuming you are talking about doing this in South Africa.... My first suggestion would be to use the funds you have available to go on a real wild buffalo hunt someplace like Tanzania, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, or Uganda.

But if you are determined to do it in RSA, how about a buffalo bull and lioness?

I really don’t want a lion of either sex, but if I had to choose, it would me the male cat and the female buff. Just the thought of tracking a herd of those big black things gets me excited.
Since I have taken a Buff cow, I believe I would have to go with a lion of either sex and a Buff bull.

How 'bout bull and cow buf? Lions don't interest me at all.

headed over for my first dangerous game Safari this summer. Been over for plains game.

Here’s the dilemma: would you rather???

1. Shoot a lion and a lioness??

2. Shoot a lion and a cow buffalo?!?
Are these the only options available or the only options you will consider?

I choose option 3 - Bull Buffalo and then your choice of Lion or Lioness.

Go lion and buff option!

Assuming you are talking about doing this in South Africa.... My first suggestion would be to use the funds you have available to go on a real wild buffalo hunt someplace like Tanzania, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, or Uganda.

But if you are determined to do it in RSA, how about a buffalo bull and lioness?
And the Mozambique or Zim options would easily fit the likely cost of what you are suggesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.