Would you like a Cigar?

Brent my man. Sorry to hear that. If you need to box them up and ship them out, I know a guy in Nashville that has a “will work for cigars” sign.
It had a bitter/spice type flavor that just didn't resonate with me. Could barely finish it. I'm going to let them rest for awhile and see if they smooth out at all?

Interesting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.42.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.42.15 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.42.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.42.18 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.42.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 10.42.20 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
This really hit the spot this morning - this one burnt perfect! Renewed my faith in AVO!

AVO.jpg

I've read that cigars get shocked while in transit, and usually the taste is not up to par with what the cigar truly is. They go from a controlled environment to a truck, then in the belly of an acft, to a hot/cold UPS/USPS truck, and that shocks the cigar. I've been told to let them rest in your humidor for a week or two. I can't never do that unless I already have them in stock. I hope the Camacho Corojo gets better with time.

This is one description of the Corojo cigar: "Ranked as one of the strongest cigars on the market, Camacho Corojo cigars have garnered a distinct and respected reputation by cigar aficionados all over the world. Not for the faint palate, the Corojo’s history is almost as bold as its taste. Light one of these incredible sticks to savor lush tastes of chocolate, fruit, coffee and spice."

I had the Camacho Criollo this morning. It had the same construction as the Nicaragua, slightly soft -- both of them flattened some under the teeth bite. It had a mild but pleasing bouquet and flavor -- I liked it quite a bit more than the Nicaragua. I could see myself smoking this regularly if I wanted something milder than the Punch After Dinner Oscuro's I normally smoke.

I've read that cigars get shocked while in transit, and usually the taste is not up to par with what the cigar truly is. They go from a controlled environment to a truck, then in the belly of an acft, to a hot/cold UPS/USPS truck, and that shocks the cigar. I've been told to let them rest in your humidor for a week or two. I can't never do that unless I already have them in stock. I hope the Camacho Corojo gets better with time.

This is one description of the Corojo cigar: "Ranked as one of the strongest cigars on the market, Camacho Corojo cigars have garnered a distinct and respected reputation by cigar aficionados all over the world. Not for the faint palate, the Corojo’s history is almost as bold as its taste. Light one of these incredible sticks to savor lush tastes of chocolate, fruit, coffee and spice."

Letting your smokes rest is always a struggle! But worth it.

I once bought a box of Esplendidos, err a book from Europe, they made it to the US and disappears after customs. Showed up 11 months later randomly.... yes 11 months!

That was a challenge but the came back to life after 6 months in the humidor!

I gave a Le Bijou, and a Connecticut, to my work associate. The one who had Covid. He wants to get a group of guys together for a monthly Whiskey tasting club. I don't drink much hard booze, and am not a Whiskey afficiando, but throw some Cigars into the pairing, and I'm in.

My cigar this morning was a Rocky Patel Decade 10th Anniversary. This is just an all round good cigar. No complaints at all and I could recommend it.

Gents - Cigarpage has 33% off sale on My Father boxes (last about 3 days)

So ya’ll are just a bunch of enablers.

Signed on to Cigar Page as I had not shopped there, and low and behold, with just hours to go, the My Father sale was still on. Well, found out you can only order one box, of each size though, so loaded up on just that. Le Bijou in each size.

Had to call my financial planner to up the amount I had allocated each month for cigars for retirement because of this thread. Best to plan ahead.

Heading to Zancudo Lodge on the Pacific side of Costa Rica this week for a week of fishing with a crew from Nashville and Aliceville, AL. Temp today was 86 there, with temps projected the end of the week here in single digits. Cigars are already packed, and should be a great week of catching sails, tuna, roosterfish, and hopefully marlin. Smoking will consist of MF Le Bijou, Hoyo De Monterey, Camacho Corojo, and El Rey Del Mundo. Leave Wed and back next Thursday, so will be MIA a while on the thread.

So ya’ll are just a bunch of enablers.

Signed on to Cigar Page as I had not shopped there, and low and behold, with just hours to go, the My Father sale was still on. Well, found out you can only order one box, of each size though, so loaded up on just that. Le Bijou in each size.

Had to call my financial planner to up the amount I had allocated each month for cigars for retirement because of this thread. Best to plan ahead.
It's hoarders like you, that they only allow 1 box per. I was going to warn Uncle Sauce not to tell Mort about the sale.......LOL.

It's hoarders like you, that they only allow 1 box per. I was going to warn Uncle Sauce not to tell Mort about the sale.......LOL.
Haha - just like the ammo shortage too! :LOL: I should have known better that he would load up all the My Fathers....:D

Heading to Zancudo Lodge on the Pacific side of Costa Rica this week for a week of fishing with a crew from Nashville and Aliceville, AL. Temp today was 86 there, with temps projected the end of the week here in single digits. Cigars are already packed, and should be a great week of catching sails, tuna, roosterfish, and hopefully marlin. Smoking will consist of MF Le Bijou, Hoyo De Monterey, Camacho Corojo, and El Rey Del Mundo. Leave Wed and back next Thursday, so will be MIA a while on the thread.
Sounds like a good time - enjoy the nice weather. Hope you have a good one! Good luck - heard the Costa Rican fishing is excellent!

I share, if we ever get back to social activities.

Until then, got plenty of cigars and toilet paper

Haha - just like the ammo shortage too! :LOL: I should have known better that he would load up all the My Fathers....:D

Sounds like a good time - enjoy the nice weather. Hope you have a good one! Good luck - heard the Costa Rican fishing is excellent!

The fishing is truly grand. 5th year going to Zancudo. Gregg and Goldine, the owners, are genuinely fabulous, customer oriented folks. If you ever interested in going, I highly recommend. They even built a special cigar smoking gazebo for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fishing is truly grand. 5th year going to Zancudo. Gregg and Goldine, the owners, are genuinely fabulous, customer oriented folks. If you ever interested in going, I highly recommend. They even built a special cigar smoking gazebo for us.

I've never fished Costa Rica, but fished San Juan Del Sur many times, which is on the border with Costa Rica, and the fishing is out of this world. Less than a mile a way, we were already in blue water, we caught Tuna, Jacks, and Dog Snappers. The Rooster fish were not bighting and we were there too late in the season for the Marlins. The jacks beat the sh*t out of us thought. LOL!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg