Would you have seen it?

Just shows you a impala or other prey will walk past and its tickets.

Would you have spotted the leopard in time?? :D

View attachment 343925
OK; I still haven't found it. Is this like the story of the Emperor's New Clothes, or is there really a leopard in the picture. A hint at this point would be nice.

OK; I still haven't found it. Is this like the story of the Emperor's New Clothes, or is there really a leopard in the picture. A hint at this point would be nice.

It’s there

It is really there, head to the left, looking straight at the camera, butt to the right, lying down, yes...the whole leopard...not just a small portion.....:cautious:

Finally found him. I was starting to doubt my eyesight

7FD7FEA5-D2B4-4C82-AFC6-B5181519966C.jpeg
This is quite easy. It is on the left side of the tree trunk .
Perfect position for the frontal brain shot , if the shikaree aims at the region ,right between the 2 eyes. Leopards/ panthers will always attempt to hide in that sort of ground , because they are well aware that it mixes with their skin. The cat in question is aware of the photographer’s presence.

Last edited:
I'm dead.
Took me more than a minute.
I had to zoom in to verify.

With movement, it most certainly would have been different.
Not saying I would have survived...just that it would have been different.

I was disappointed in myself that it took me a half minute to find the leopard. Then I sent this picture to my relatives. Two of my sisters are trained artists, with university degrees in fine art. They have good eyes for detail and colour and patterns. My wife is also a talented artist. And to a nephew who is trained in the military. All had great difficulty finding the leopard at all, even when shown the location. I am in retrospect somewhat more thankful of my skills as a hunter, and humbled that even though I'm better at spotting leopard than most, the leopard would still win, pretty much every time.

Thanks to Major Khan for pointing it out. I was looking too far to the left, concentrating on the jumble of rocks and spots behind the small branch. Oh well. I thought I was pretty good at spotting game (OK with deer and stuff), but I would have been eaten, digested, and passed in a stinky pile before I saw that leopard. It took me a few seconds even after it had been pointed out.

Thanks to Major Khan for pointing it out. I was looking too far to the left, concentrating on the jumble of rocks and spots behind the small branch. Oh well. I thought I was pretty good at spotting game (OK with deer and stuff), but I would have been eaten, digested, and passed in a stinky pile before I saw that leopard. It took me a few seconds even after it had been pointed out.
That is why we hunt man eaters at night , Stephen ! So that WE can ambush THEM , and not the other way around . Like this vile specimen which I shot in February ( after getting authorization from the local forest department ) .
Screenshot_20200130-064452_01.png

Yeah, I picked that one up pretty quick.
It was because of the facial features and the lines inside the eyes to the nose.

Although in reality, I would never have seen that cat.
Not sure what the elevation is, but between the snow and cliffs...I'd be hunting somewhere else.

My humble apologies , Opposite Pole . I have an addiction to panther shooting . It is the most thrilling sport in this entire world ... rivalled by none .
I think we all here know you well enough to understand your intentions.
Live and learn as we all do.
Cheers mate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.