Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Ladies and gents I have a cancellation hunt available for Jan 29th and 30th. Arrive the 28th, hunt 29th&30th, and leave the 31rst. Unfortunately these dates are the only open ones from now until the end of the season as I am booked solid.

This is a two day wild quail hunt for 4 people here at the Rockin G Ranch in Turkey TX. Our ranch is 2000 acres of prime quail habitat and we have birds like the good ol' days. It is common to see 20-30 covies of quail in a morning just doing nothing more than driving ranch roads.
Cost: 1400$ total for up to 4 hunters, this is a 50% discount on a 4 hunter trip. Please note this hunt will cost 1400 whether 1 or 4 guys show up. Two extra hunters can be added at normal rates of 350/day/gun.
Hunt includes:
Guides, meals, lodging, quail hunting, and 50% discount.
Not included:
Getting to the ranch, before or after expenses, tips, taxidermy,etc.....
*please note this hunt was originally set to be over some of the best quail dogs around. It may still but I may have to release the dogs due to the cancellation as we can't have a dollar waiting on the proverbial dime. Either way you will still kill tons of birds. We have enough birds that the dogs main purpose is aiding in recovering birds in tall grass and or cripples. Yes they point and flush leading to the over all experience but we kill just as many walking them up as over dogs.

I need to know by Thursday the 26th to have enough time to still make it happen. This is an excellent chance to hunt the absolute best quail area in all of Texas. These are Bob's and scaled quail.
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1306.JPG

My 15 year old son and his friend killed 9 quail in about 45 min just walking them up around the lodge a few weeks ago. My boy has shot quail a couple of times and his 16 y/o friend had never shot at a quail.
IMG_2123.JPG

Man this is a fantastic deal especially when one looks at the cost of quail hunting in most areas. Shame I have everything tied up on Africa this year. Hope you sell this one quick

Man this is a fantastic deal especially when one looks at the cost of quail hunting in most areas. Shame I have everything tied up on Africa this year. Hope you sell this one quick
Thank you sir. The big kicker is these are wild birds and are never realeased birds. This is the first time I've offered up a quail hunt here on AH as all of my quail hunters are booked way in advance and most are corporate guys who use these hunts to entertain clients. As a result I just haven't had to advertise the quail hunts so it's a really good opportunity for folks to get to hunt birds like it used to be.

Gizmo, I could afford half that if someone else can go the rest?
I'm a day and a half away. Let me know if anyone needs a partner.
Thanks!

Perfect @Ridgewalker I will let you know as soon as I know if I can get at least 1 more.
I just got off the phone and I am having to release the dogs. If this still makes a hunt I will do my best to get another dog but I can't garauntee it. Like I said, plenty birds will be killed walking them up.

Thanks Gizmo. I have my old GSP who travels with me I could use if that helps?
Thanks again!

Thanks!

Give me 24 hours to see if I can come up with something.. Im not sure if I can make the dates work... but if I can shuffle a couple of things around, the wife and I might be willing to grab 2 of those 4 seats and go in half with you..

we're just a 4-5 hour drive away I think (north edge of Dallas)..

Thanks!

Give me 24 hours to see if I can come up with something.. Im not sure if I can make the dates work... but if I can shuffle a couple of things around, the wife and I might be willing to grab 2 of those 4 seats and go in half with you..

we're just a 4-5 hour drive away I think (north edge of Dallas)..
Sounds like a plan fellows if y'all are willing to do that. Whatever y'all work out together works for me if it's a go. I'm trying to negotiate some additional date options (opening up a come Friday the 27th hunt sat 28th and sun 29th head out Monday the 30th) deal with one of my guides if that helps.

Sounds like a plan fellows if y'all are willing to do that. Whatever y'all work out together works for me if it's a go. I'm trying to negotiate some additional date options (opening up a come Friday the 27th hunt sat 28th and sun 29th head out Monday the 30th) deal with one of my guides if that helps.

Let me know if the Fri-Mon dates are an option.. with us being close, if it wouldnt be too inconvenient, I might be able to arrange pulling in late Friday evening, and then leaving late Sunday afternoon after we finished hunting/cleanup/etc.. and be able to get back home by late Sunday night (the Monday/Tuesday part is what Im struggling with.. Ive got some work issues as well as kid issues I would need to see if I could overcome...)...

Ok @mdwest and @Ridgewalker after talking with my guide I can do Arrive Friday leave out sun night or Monday. I don't think I'm going to be able to get a dog. Everyone I've called has their dogs tied up and now I can't get the original dog either. :mad::mad::mad::mad: But like I said walking them up is no problem and if Ridgewalker wants to bring his then that's perfectly fine.

I'm about to start a pm between the three of us so we can all get on the same page. I'm actually guiding a hog hunt right now and am about to have to get back in the field but I will check in frequently.

Sounds like this hunt is most likely sold, but I'll still comment.

I've been to the ranch and there are LOTS of quail. I saw this from just driving down the roads and flushing coveys on accident.

Someone will have a great time!

I shot quail 2 weeks ago near midland Texas. The numbers are truly unbelievable this year! I'd take the opportunity to shoot this year if you can in Texas!

Woohoo! I'm in with my old GSP. This will work out great for me as I head to East Texas! Perfect layover!
Thanks Gizmo for the opportunity to get my old dog (and old me) on some Texas quail!
My little 20 gage Arietta SxS needs some action.

@Ridgewalker I'm excited about this too. It'll be a great weekend for sure.

I wasn't kidding about the number of quail out here. I went to take the trash out and here's a small covey of about 20 birds scratching around the driveway behind the lodge.
IMG_2175.JPG

Awesome! I started piling my bird hunting gear in the garage and my dog got all excited!

If it was not such a far drive, that would be a deal.

Awesome! I started piling my bird hunting gear in the garage and my dog got all excited!
thats awesome I can't wait to meet you and the puppy. (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg