Who all is sitting in the woods with a rifle way to big for the critter they are after

I just hope if I get a shot that I get full pass through I don’t have trackers or backup with a double

Shawn

Tough day missed one doe that went flying by at 180 yards . I had two buck go by that didn’t make it past the antler restriction in pa so they got a pass. That’s it for until Friday was as good day in the field.
Shawn

Tough day missed one doe that went flying by at 180 yards . I had two buck go by that didn’t make it past the antler restriction in pa so they got a pass. That’s it for until Friday was as good day in the field.
Shawn
Good day indeed.....

You have another week. Good luck!

Still have a chance for a Christmas hare.
375 might not be enough to face the fangs of such a beast.

Still have a chance for a Christmas hare.
375 might not be enough to face the fangs of such a beast.
Maybe Woodleigh or a monolithic solid ?
For God's sake please have backup, preferably more than one ! Choose only those who will stand their ground with you ! Show consideration by telling your companions to have their affairs in order before the quest ! Remember Monty Python!

Remember Monty Python!
Exactly what I was thinking...BIG FANGS!!!
Thou shall not count four and five is right out..

Exactly what I was thinking...BIG FANGS!!!
Thou shall not count four and five is right out..

Truth be told.......
Few years back the mrs. was raising New Zealands (15 lb.) just like the movie and "Cadbury" rabbits. One was a cranky matriarch that sunk her top choppers right through the mrs. jeans and buried them in her thigh. Ugly bite. It only continued to live because it was one of her pets.

Another movie comes to mind.
Ever see Fatal Attraction?
Not a good end for that bunny.

Reactions: Bas
Funny the mean rabbits are mentioned my boys raised Californian rabbits 1 old doe was so mean that the boys wouldn’t feed her without welding gloves on not only bit but clawed like bobcat the only thing that saved her from the slow cooker was the fact that she always produced grand champion or reserve champion litters.
Shawn
I didn’t mention that she growled like a bear also.

Reactions: Bas
Taste like chicken...

I was really second guessing my choice of caliber for todays deer hunt when this guy walked out of the woods in front of me. I felt way under gunned with my 300 Blackout with sub-sonic loads in it in my hands. But all is well that ends well, I'm not really sure if it was luck or all the range time I put in but I managed to put a round thru his first vertebra right at the base of his skull at near to 100 yards. Whichever it was I'll take it, cause I had no backup. When will I ever learn?
DSCN2304.JPG
DSCN2305.JPG

I managed to put a round thru his first vertebra right at the base of his skull at near to 100 yards.
Not sure you were even close to undergunned.
A 30 caliber at that range on deer is right in the wheelhouse.
The practice and experience that you have with that rifle and ammo proved itself with a "no need to track" situation.
Good job and nice shooting.

Not sure you were even close to undergunned.
A 30 caliber at that range on deer is right in the wheelhouse.
The practice and experience that you have with that rifle and ammo proved itself with a "no need to track" situation.
Good job and nice shooting.
Thank you sir. The only thing that I was really concerned about was my bullets, 174 gr. at 1000 fps doesn't leave much room for error.

Feral piggy with a 500 Jeffery. 570g TSX moving at 2300 fps at 8 feet. Bullet started out between the eyes, blew a desert plate sized whole out of one ham exiting. Definitely overkill.

lTcDfqr.jpg

Attachments

• lTcDfqr.jpg
    lTcDfqr.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 87
Feral piggy with a 500 Jeffery. 570g TSX moving at 2300 fps at 8 feet. Bullet started out between the eyes, blew a desert plate sized whole out of one ham exiting. Definitely overkill.

lTcDfqr.jpg
Yes, I believe this will qualify.
Although at 8 feet with a pig that big, I would have wanted a similar caliber.
Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg