Whisky

You’ll enjoy the Oban.
Somehow a bottle of Bushmills 21 migrated to the front of the cabinet the other day after feeling ignored. That will be remedied.
Cheers
I think a single malt like Bushmills is hard to beat, however, I was recently surprised to learn that "Darkest Winter" from the Limeburners' Distillery - here in Western Australia - was awarded "Best International Whiskey in the World" for 2017 by the American Distilling Institute. Lord knows I've dropped enough hints to Santa, so hopefully he'll be putting a bottle under the tree for me!!

For anyone interested, see the Limeburner range here:
http://www.distillery.com.au/whiskies

Cheers!

a 7 years Flor de Caña from Nicaragua,
The 18 yr is quite nice too
Resized_20171223_081141.jpeg

Lagavulin or Macallan for me
Wow what a contrast! Extremely smoky vs extremely non-smoky. Of course as with most cocktails it depends on what you’re eating.
Both excellent choices!

Laphroaig. Like the peat flavor.

I certainly wouldn't turn down any of the spirits mentioned here. I have migrated to 40 Creek, a blended Canadian Whiskey along the lines of Crown Royal but better in my opinion. I usually drink it with club soda or sparkling water, or on ice.

The best drink I ever had was in the Yukon the evening after I shot my moose. I had 40 over a glass full of snow!

Auchentoshan three wood found this in Scotland bartender recommended it. I found some in a liquor store in Prince George BC of all the places

Also have Teeling, Buffalo Trace, and Jameson in the cabinet.

This was in the Vancouver international side of the airport, I could barely afford taking a picture.

IMG_1577.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
We're a Wyoming Whiskey kind of family.

I prefer bourbon myself , currently working on a bottle of Blanton's. Actually just about any sort of liquor works for me except vodka, for some reason vodka makes me violently ill :sick:

elijah craig for me, not too spicy, smooth and just enough sweet.

With a drop of Scottish blood running through my veins, I treat myself to a bottle of single malt every Christmas. This year's choice is Oban 14 year old, and I plan to have my first dram in front of the fire tonight, after a trip out to try for a roe. I'd be interested to hear what other AH members who enjoy a glass of whisky will be sampling over the festive season; slainte!

Try Lark from Australia made from the pure waters of Tasmania.
No tassie devils injured whilst making the drop!

Last edited by a moderator:
as Timbo wrote, Limeburners, from down in southern West Australia. Present choice is Solera Cask single malt. They produce some classy whiskies. I'll knock of a decent dram tonight beena few months since I've done that.
Regardless of what you drink, may Christmas find you at peace, and anticipating the coming hunts in 2018. God bless you all.

Since I see several posters with knowledge of whisky and whiskey, my question is: does it continue to "age" in the bottle? I have some Scotchs and Bourbons that were 10 to 15 years in the barrel, but have been in the bottle for another 30 (I'm not a regular/heavy drinker). so I'm wondering if it changes during those 30 years it's been sitting in the glass.

Since I see several posters with knowledge of whisky and whiskey, my question is: does it continue to "age" in the bottle? I have some Scotchs and Bourbons that were 10 to 15 years in the barrel, but have been in the bottle for another 30 (I'm not a regular/heavy drinker). so I'm wondering if it changes during those 30 years it's been sitting in the glass.

Generally speaking it does not, and if the seal is imperfect it can lose some of it’s “magic” properties. Happened to one of my bottles.

Unlike wine or port etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg