Whisky appreciation

Will definitely check out the Jameson Black Barrel Blending Tour! That sounds very cool..

Im the only person I know that actually prefers a good irish whiskey over most US, Japanese, and Scot options.. 9 times out of 10 I'll take a couple of fingers of simple blended Tullamore Dew over a glass of 18 year The MacAllan (or other high end options).. Ive got 18 year glenmorangie, 18 year Ben Nevis, a couple of half to 3/4 full bottles of Barterhouse, Pappy, etc.. all on the bar...

And I keep going back to Jamison, Tullamore Dew, or Redbreast pretty much any time I would like to have a wee drink (which is why the barterhouse is still 1/2 full after picking it up well over 10 years ago)..

Sucks to hear that the library might be closed.. Thankfully I scooted around Trinity in 2019 for a bit and got to see the library and the book then.. would have been nice to get a second gander at it all though this time around if I could have..
Another few to try would be Green, Yellow, and Red Spot Whiskeys.

I tasted Jura - Superstition single malt this weekend man that was smooth.
Its beyond my normal budget but if I do find it in a shop and have the money I will definitely buy it and drink it slowly.

46510253-zoom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I tasted Jura - Superstition single malt this weekend man that was smooth.
Its beyond my normal budget but if I do find it in a shop and have the money I will definitely buy it and drink it slowly.

View attachment 466915
Jura is a good line. It’s one of my “must visit distilleries.” It’s pretty much the only thing on the island, besides stalking for deer or fishing…you know, paradise.

Not a Big whisky/whiskey fan BUT there are some fine ones out there that taste excellent! Spend a good deal of time in farming regions and one nearby has a prominent sign reading "This Corn Grows Whisky" at local distilleries that have popped up all over the place! Childhood friend comes hunting every year at one old family farm. So a couple years ago, he gets phone call 1 (wife: Our son has cracked up my car.) He proceeds to buy the finest there is (and shared!) Then, phone call 2 (Wife: I cracked up your car!-he drove his 4wd truck to hunting as it snows a lot.) LOL After that, we pretty much had a professionally-stocked, best-of-the-best Whisky Bar at my place. We support his wife/kids "attitude" about hunting season...

Not whisky, but whiskey…

A couple bottles I picked up today

9A393F63-417F-4041-836F-7F9B8B52512D.jpeg

TW Samuels Bottled in Bond is a local sleeper. Apple pie to start, Kansas City burnt ends to finish. $21 a handle.

Midway Sauternes Cask is hot rye on the start, raisin bread pudding on the finish.

Don’t worry, whisky season is coming

Last edited:
Not whisky, but whiskey…

A couple bottles I picked up today

View attachment 481409

TW Samuels Bottled in Bond is a local sleeper. Apple pie to start, Kansas City burnt ends to finish. $21 a handle.

Midway Sauternes Cask is hot rye on the start, raisin bread pudding on the finish.

Don’t worry, whisky season is coming
Please define “whiskey season”! I think any day is “whiskey or whisky” season, IMHO!

@Boyd Brooks

Whiskey season is spring and summer (Irish & Bourbon), Whisky season is fall and winter (Scotch).

These aren’t rules, only guidelines :ROFLMAO:

(I really want to make some summer cocktails with Glenmorangie X)

I too agree that money does not always good whisky. Blantons for the money nothing special…yes I am talking bourbon

My brother came over for a braai/bbq last Sunday and we missed each others birthdays so I got him a new branded Chivas Regal bottle.

And I got to taste a new whiskey he gave me.
Tamnavulin Speyside

Tamnavulin_480x480.jpg

Must say I enjoyed it and have never seen it in stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bain’s is delicious!
I must admit with Kevin Peacocke not one I would buy when there is better on offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynSoli

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross