Whisky appreciation

Available this week, bourbon season is open! September is Bourbon Heritage month.
20250903_235210.jpg

This barrel Proof is 123.8.
 
As info
America’s Best Bourbon, According To The 2025 IWSC
Two American whiskeys, a bourbon and a rye, were awarded Spirit Trophies at the 2025 IWSC, proving that greatness lies in balance, depth, age, and an unforgettable finish.

 
20250911_184347.jpg
I don't think this JD Heritage has been available for more than a few years, found this week. Jack Daniels is becoming interesting with their offerings of late.
 
I still like Jim Beam in the white bottle with with water and a couple of rocks. Nothing fancy but enjoyable.
That was my normal go to. Until I started hanging around with people that would only drink Canadian because bourbon burns to much
 
I think I am a simpleton. I have tried expensive stuff. I seem to like bullett brand, rye bourbon as much as anything. I should probably count my blessings.
 
I am trying a new resipe that was giving to me for a honey whiskey.
Cinnamon and a few cloves soaked in whiskey.
Then a pint of honey mixed with a gallon of whiskey.
The spice are in cr vanilla ( pint)
The honey is black gum Tupelo off our bees
I have a Handel of segerams vo and had no other use for it.
And never tried it before if it doesn’t turn out there not much of a loses
Don’t know what I will add to make the rest of the gallon. Depends on how the mix taste I guess
 
I think I am a simpleton. I have tried expensive stuff. I seem to like bullett brand, rye bourbon as much as anything. I should probably count my blessings.
Bulleit Rye and Bourbon have found permanent places on my shelf as an everyday short pour. And I can go to the DC Costco and buy it for about 2/3 the price of anywhere else. ;) Like I need any help drinking. LOL.
 
Picked this up in Bardstown, KY today.
Remington involved with Log Still Distillery on this endeavor. I'll give it a whirl. Interesting.
20250928_222825.jpg
20250928_223135.jpg
20250928_223200.jpg
 
@JeffD it's nice you could make it a hunting camp bottle and date it with those attending on the back label. I hope it's decent. Should show up in a number of states soon.
 
Most of what I collected over has been consumed, traded or sold. These are the only bottles I still have that I haven’t opened. I’m of the mindset now that if I buy it, I am drinking it and sharing it with friends.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9212.jpeg
    IMG_9212.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9211.jpeg
    IMG_9211.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 90

Forum statistics

Threads
70,278
Messages
1,571,472
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top