Whisky appreciation

A2D28BCC-A112-44F4-800C-B3483D3CB90A.jpeg

I really like this Rye. I’m a long term volunteer and committee member at the Calgary Stampede and was pleasantly surprised when this was released as the CS house rye.
 
Coincidentally I picked up on a whim a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 on the way back from the deer processor's last night. Never had it before, and usually drink malt whisky, but really liked it! I do like pairing a whisk(e)y and cigar, but haven't had occasion to smoke one in several years. That needs remedying.
I’ll drink some Turkey and smoke a cigar anytime…
 
I knew almost nothing about whiskeys until I tried one recommended on this thread. Four Roses.

Now I drink and know things.
 
Im only 39 so im not old enough to drink scotch...I prefer a good rye, like quarter horse, sazerac or Woodford or something.

Cheers

503
 
Found a really smooth Irish, with a lovely bocquet: Teeling Small Batch.
Also have indirect contact with the families involved in the McCoy-Hatfield ??? whisky wars through a F/B contact in W V.
I wanna emigrate to W V, finances permitting ...
If you liked the Teeling Small Batch either of these might appeal to you also.

6B192910-504B-4A6E-A530-F4D70D6CBE52.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Drop by this weekend Jeff and I’ll stand you to a drink!
 
@Backyardsniper Snagged me a bottle of Blanton's from one of his sources. Delivery tonight at the AH dinner, and no I'm not opening it tonight :ROFLMAO:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,409
Messages
1,575,284
Members
170,240
Latest member
Jestine262
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top