Whisky appreciation

A2D28BCC-A112-44F4-800C-B3483D3CB90A.jpeg

I really like this Rye. I’m a long term volunteer and committee member at the Calgary Stampede and was pleasantly surprised when this was released as the CS house rye.

Coincidentally I picked up on a whim a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 on the way back from the deer processor's last night. Never had it before, and usually drink malt whisky, but really liked it! I do like pairing a whisk(e)y and cigar, but haven't had occasion to smoke one in several years. That needs remedying.
I’ll drink some Turkey and smoke a cigar anytime…

I knew almost nothing about whiskeys until I tried one recommended on this thread. Four Roses.

Now I drink and know things.

Im only 39 so im not old enough to drink scotch...I prefer a good rye, like quarter horse, sazerac or Woodford or something.

Cheers

Found a really smooth Irish, with a lovely bocquet: Teeling Small Batch.
Also have indirect contact with the families involved in the McCoy-Hatfield ??? whisky wars through a F/B contact in W V.
I wanna emigrate to W V, finances permitting ...
If you liked the Teeling Small Batch either of these might appeal to you also.

6B192910-504B-4A6E-A530-F4D70D6CBE52.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Drop by this weekend Jeff and I’ll stand you to a drink!

@Backyardsniper Snagged me a bottle of Blanton's from one of his sources. Delivery tonight at the AH dinner, and no I'm not opening it tonight :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,