Which Swarovski?

cem rona ergin

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
south africa,russia,turkey
Guys I need your thoughts on choosing a Swarovski scope for my 416 rigby..
z8i 0,75-6x20 (30mm) or z8i 1-8x24 (30mm)
Thanks in advance for your input..

The 1-8x24 would be cool. No real experience but I’ll bet many are using 1.5 a to the low end. Eg my Leupold 1-5-5x

Your choices Being in the same model/group this may be hard to pick unless you have a really specific requirement that being either you want a .75 times for up close and personal or you want a bit more magnification for whatever reason. Shooting the Tiny Ten with your .416 or something.

Do either of those have an illuminated reticle? I am becoming a huge fan of an illuminated dot reticle. My old eyes just go instantly to it.

I think either would make a fine scope on your 416 Rigby! Flip a coin.(y)

Do either of those have an illuminated reticle? I am becoming a huge fan of an illuminated dot reticle. My old eyes just go instantly to it.

I think either would make a fine scope on your 416 Rigby! Flip a coin.(y)

Both of them comes with it ..

The 1-8x24 would be cool. No real experience but I’ll bet many are using 1.5 a to the low end. Eg my Leupold 1-5-5x

Your choices Being in the same model/group this may be hard to pick unless you have a really specific requirement that being either you want a .75 times for up close and personal or you want a bit more magnification for whatever reason. Shooting the Tiny Ten with your .416 or something.

I love up close and personal :)

I love up close and personal :)
Very nice! Then I’d probably install the lowest power on QR rings. Use the higher power in QR rings as a backup scope.

I have the Z8 1-8x on my 7x57. Awesome scope. I’m sure that the other model is as well.

Been researching new glass for my 375H&H to be a little more confident on those longer shots.
Will be pulling the trigger on the Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 with the 4A-IF reticle this winter.

Let us know which way you go.

if one has longer eye relief, go with that.
bruce.

Agree 100%.
I haven’t used a Swarovski on my 416 rem. I use Leupold because of the longer eye relief.
I’ve had a few whacks dished out from a 460 weatherby so I’m fairly cautious regarding eye relief.

There's hardly any difference between .75x or 1x but the difference between 6x and 8x is noticeable so I would go with the 1x-8x.

There's hardly any difference between .75x or 1x but the difference between 6x and 8x is noticeable so I would go with the 1x-8x.

Makes sense

I went with 1-8 x24 4A-IF :)
Sweeeet.
Let me know how you like it on the 416.
And if you don't like it...I may know someone willing to take it off your hands...:whistle:

Cheers!

Guys I need your thoughts on choosing a Swarovski scope for my 416 rigby..
z8i 0,75-6x20 (30mm) or z8i 1-8x24 (30mm)
Thanks in advance for your input..
1-8 would be my pick. Great scopes those Z8’s. I’ve got 2 of them now.
Philip

1-8X. I have a 1-6 on my Rigby and there are times I could've used a little more magnification

Cem, which 416 Rigby did you put the scope on? Pictures please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you