Which Swarovski?

cem rona ergin

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
306
Reaction score
515
Location
russia
Media
91
Hunted
south africa,russia,turkey
Guys I need your thoughts on choosing a Swarovski scope for my 416 rigby..
z8i 0,75-6x20 (30mm) or z8i 1-8x24 (30mm)
Thanks in advance for your input..
 
The 1-8x24 would be cool. No real experience but I’ll bet many are using 1.5 a to the low end. Eg my Leupold 1-5-5x

Your choices Being in the same model/group this may be hard to pick unless you have a really specific requirement that being either you want a .75 times for up close and personal or you want a bit more magnification for whatever reason. Shooting the Tiny Ten with your .416 or something.
 
Do either of those have an illuminated reticle? I am becoming a huge fan of an illuminated dot reticle. My old eyes just go instantly to it.

I think either would make a fine scope on your 416 Rigby! Flip a coin.(y)
 
Do either of those have an illuminated reticle? I am becoming a huge fan of an illuminated dot reticle. My old eyes just go instantly to it.

I think either would make a fine scope on your 416 Rigby! Flip a coin.(y)

Both of them comes with it ..
 
The 1-8x24 would be cool. No real experience but I’ll bet many are using 1.5 a to the low end. Eg my Leupold 1-5-5x

Your choices Being in the same model/group this may be hard to pick unless you have a really specific requirement that being either you want a .75 times for up close and personal or you want a bit more magnification for whatever reason. Shooting the Tiny Ten with your .416 or something.

I love up close and personal :-)
 
I love up close and personal :)
Very nice! Then I’d probably install the lowest power on QR rings. Use the higher power in QR rings as a backup scope.
 
I have the Z8 1-8x on my 7x57. Awesome scope. I’m sure that the other model is as well.
 
Been researching new glass for my 375H&H to be a little more confident on those longer shots.
Will be pulling the trigger on the Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 with the 4A-IF reticle this winter.

Let us know which way you go.
 
if one has longer eye relief, go with that.
bruce.

Agree 100%.
I haven’t used a Swarovski on my 416 rem. I use Leupold because of the longer eye relief.
I’ve had a few whacks dished out from a 460 weatherby so I’m fairly cautious regarding eye relief.
 
There's hardly any difference between .75x or 1x but the difference between 6x and 8x is noticeable so I would go with the 1x-8x.
 
There's hardly any difference between .75x or 1x but the difference between 6x and 8x is noticeable so I would go with the 1x-8x.

Makes sense
 
I went with 1-8 x24 4A-IF :)
Sweeeet.
Let me know how you like it on the 416.
And if you don't like it...I may know someone willing to take it off your hands...:whistle:

Cheers!
 
Guys I need your thoughts on choosing a Swarovski scope for my 416 rigby..
z8i 0,75-6x20 (30mm) or z8i 1-8x24 (30mm)
Thanks in advance for your input..
1-8 would be my pick. Great scopes those Z8’s. I’ve got 2 of them now.
Philip
 
1-8X. I have a 1-6 on my Rigby and there are times I could've used a little more magnification
 
Cem, which 416 Rigby did you put the scope on? Pictures please.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,947
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top