Which Swarovski?

cem rona ergin

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
south africa,russia,turkey
Guys I need your thoughts on choosing a Swarovski scope for my 416 rigby..
z8i 0,75-6x20 (30mm) or z8i 1-8x24 (30mm)
Thanks in advance for your input..

The 1-8x24 would be cool. No real experience but I’ll bet many are using 1.5 a to the low end. Eg my Leupold 1-5-5x

Your choices Being in the same model/group this may be hard to pick unless you have a really specific requirement that being either you want a .75 times for up close and personal or you want a bit more magnification for whatever reason. Shooting the Tiny Ten with your .416 or something.

Do either of those have an illuminated reticle? I am becoming a huge fan of an illuminated dot reticle. My old eyes just go instantly to it.

I think either would make a fine scope on your 416 Rigby! Flip a coin.(y)

Do either of those have an illuminated reticle? I am becoming a huge fan of an illuminated dot reticle. My old eyes just go instantly to it.

I think either would make a fine scope on your 416 Rigby! Flip a coin.(y)

Both of them comes with it ..

The 1-8x24 would be cool. No real experience but I’ll bet many are using 1.5 a to the low end. Eg my Leupold 1-5-5x

Your choices Being in the same model/group this may be hard to pick unless you have a really specific requirement that being either you want a .75 times for up close and personal or you want a bit more magnification for whatever reason. Shooting the Tiny Ten with your .416 or something.

I love up close and personal :)

I love up close and personal :)
Very nice! Then I’d probably install the lowest power on QR rings. Use the higher power in QR rings as a backup scope.

I have the Z8 1-8x on my 7x57. Awesome scope. I’m sure that the other model is as well.

Been researching new glass for my 375H&H to be a little more confident on those longer shots.
Will be pulling the trigger on the Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 with the 4A-IF reticle this winter.

Let us know which way you go.

if one has longer eye relief, go with that.
bruce.

Agree 100%.
I haven’t used a Swarovski on my 416 rem. I use Leupold because of the longer eye relief.
I’ve had a few whacks dished out from a 460 weatherby so I’m fairly cautious regarding eye relief.

There's hardly any difference between .75x or 1x but the difference between 6x and 8x is noticeable so I would go with the 1x-8x.

There's hardly any difference between .75x or 1x but the difference between 6x and 8x is noticeable so I would go with the 1x-8x.

Makes sense

I went with 1-8 x24 4A-IF :)
Sweeeet.
Let me know how you like it on the 416.
And if you don't like it...I may know someone willing to take it off your hands...:whistle:

Cheers!

Guys I need your thoughts on choosing a Swarovski scope for my 416 rigby..
z8i 0,75-6x20 (30mm) or z8i 1-8x24 (30mm)
Thanks in advance for your input..
1-8 would be my pick. Great scopes those Z8’s. I’ve got 2 of them now.
Philip

1-8X. I have a 1-6 on my Rigby and there are times I could've used a little more magnification

Cem, which 416 Rigby did you put the scope on? Pictures please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg