What Line Of Work Are You In

I'm a perfusionist......fancy term for someone who operates a heart/lung machine for cardiopulmonary bypass procedures). Primarily work in the O.R., but do some time in the cath lab and ICU. Primarily do open heart cases (Aortic and mitral valves, coronary artery bypass grafts, torn aortas, etc). Do blood salvage as well, as well as hypothermic rewarming and ECMO (rewarming drunks who've passed out in the snow and ECMO is for those who have failing lungs on an acute basis).
Been doing it for 25+ years, but I'm thinking of getting out of the field.....company I work for wants to "maximize" profits, which means I've gone from being on call one week out of three to 4 weeks out of 5. Used to be the surgeons/docs used to listen to our concerns/opinions; nowadays they just want someone to turn knobs. Job market is quite depressed right now....other techniques, such as cardiac stents, have really decreased the need for open heart surgery.
Sorry............didn't mean to make it a bummer post; been a rough couple of years for me.

I am a Police Officer and have been for 13 years. I'm also a owner and the operations manager of the Rockin G Ranch. We do all inclusive fully guided hunts for whitetail, mule deer, some exotics ( low fenced), hogs, turkey, and some wing shooting.

Well I work for myself doing home remodeling.Started on my own when I was 16 and 29 years later still going at it just a little slower now but like to think I work smarter.

Wow. I am impressed with all y'all. I'm just a housewife from Virginia. And now....I'm hungry. :LOL:
No such thing as "just a housewife". Your list is longer than you have time to type.

Spent 46 years in Law Enforcement, last 22 as Chief of Police. Retired 2 years ago. Hunted Plains game in Africa, this year. Planning on returning next year on a Buff hunt. Hope to spend as much of time that I have left out amongst God's creatures that I admire and respect, whether I fire a shot or not.

Just noticed this post. Pretty cool seeing what we all do.

Started out working on a large ranch in Tx in my high school years. Figured out that if I didn't own it or inherit it I'd never be able to support the family like I wanted to so I moved to the big city of Houston and went to work for a contract gas compression company as a pipe fitter helper in the manufacturing shop. Over the next 39 years I went from helper to journeyman fitter, to draftsman/designer, engineer, field construction superintendent, Manager of Domestic Construction, Project Manager International, Director Fabrication and currently Make-Ready Senior Quality Manager. Whew! All for the same company. Dec 5, 2015 will be 40yrs. Oh yeah, for five years in there I would use my vacation time to guide professionally in the hill country and on a ranch in South Texas. Now the goal is to retire and help others realize their dream adventures!

Retired police officer and army officer. Then worked as a contract international police officer for 12 years in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. For the past 2 1/2 years, go to the range, plan a hunting trip or drive back to Arkansas to see the kids and grand kids. And pick up part time work when available. Probably no more full time work for me because it interferes with my life!

Last edited:
consulting as a cost accountant (capex) and legal advisor (contracts) AND part time / night school lecturer / assessor at one of our Colleges in RSA

If I wasn't from Texas too I might think this means you teach folks how to properly tell a good hunting story! :A Thumbs Up:
Around a campfire with a good drink, that's exactly what that means!!...lol

I ran the Kitchen In a Sports Bar for a year that was enough for me,,Our saying was (If the Booze don't kill you the customers will)
Iv'e put the last 25 years in most all aspects of the Food Business from feeding Boy Scouts at camp to 5 Star Dining,Right know I Cook, Manage and even Wash the Pots and Pans at a Deli in Bloomington Minnesota

I've been in The Royal Australian Air Force for 21 years. I'm a dog handler, spent 4 years as a dog handling instructor and now I'm developing courses for dog handling/security forces. I HATE what I do now, I would rather be teaching kids how to train dogs. But there you go.

I am licensed as a Professional Engineer in MS, AR, LA, NM, VA, and WV; and as a Professional Land Surveyor in MS and AR. I am a Civil Engineer by training and trade; I do general land development, storm water and sediment control, and work on dams ( rehab, inspections, Emergency Action Plans). I perform mostly boundary surveys with some construction staking and flood elevation certificates as well.

I am currently operating a small one man practice.

I've been in The Royal Australian Air Force for 21 years. I'm a dog handler, spent 4 years as a dog handling instructor and now I'm developing courses for dog handling/security forces. I HATE what I do now, I would rather be teaching kids how to train dogs. But there you go.

You gotta hate what you do to trade it in for this!

dog training.jpg

I didnt know you in the pinkie club briko

This is my idea of dog training buddy! Only part time work though. View attachment 37266
Truely wish I had the time,skill and patience needed to train a gundog up
One day l hope to have the time to see if l have the the patience or / and the skill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!