Warthog Pictures

WOW! . . . now THAT'S a good warthog!
 
81006288_461087931495904_2010329141622079488_n.jpg
 
:ROFLMAO:
WARTHOHAMUS.jpg
 
Warthog shot with a 30-06 out of the fist, at about 80 m near Settlers in Limpopo
Heart destroyed on impact and part of the lung found on a small brush during the blood trail follow up.
It was theoretically dead on its feet after the shot, but still managed to run about another 70 m into the bush on its 'death-run'.
Really tough critters!
186534125_1345716705791151_1954956722521438646_n.jpg
186461847_1345716562457832_8692060633483145678_n.jpg
 
Good or not... it's my first (last week) and I am very happy with it. :D
Excellent and congratulations. I shot 3 in Africa, the OP called them Ugly, I think they are Cool. In an Ugly kind of way.
When we went to Pumba game reserve I was on the Safari Vehicle and it didn't take long to get the guide and the guests to exclaim Pumba as we passed them.

And here is my Warthog art. Something I picked up from a garage sale.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It seems the warthogs are expanding their range in Texas.
A hunting buddy of mine tells me that he has spotted warthog on his new deer lease in the Rio Grande Valley, not far from the river. He has two clear water ponds on his lease and one was seen near one of the ponds. He is dropping by my place in East Texas tomorrow to pick up a box blind to take down to his lease. If he or I get a wartie down there I will post pix.
 
Warthog shot with a 30-06 out of the fist, at about 80 m near Settlers in Limpopo
Heart destroyed on impact and part of the lung found on a small brush during the blood trail follow up.
It was theoretically dead on its feet after the shot, but still managed to run about another 70 m into the bush on its 'death-run'.
Really tough critters!
View attachment 404244View attachment 404245

Nice piggy....ah hog....must remember Africa has bushpig....Nice Hoggy.
 
Good or not... it's my first (last week) and I am very happy with it. :D

View attachment 404246
That is a nice hog.
Looks like the bottom tusk are very pointed. Can't really tell by the photo, but the hog looks like it has nice body mass as well.
Are you having it shoulder mounted with open mouth?
Did we share the plain ride from JNB to DOH?
 
This old boy was just booted out of his group. He shows plenty of battle scares, just not in this photo.

20210521_120732.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, we met in Jo'burg.
See you made it home safely.
That is my Remington/Zastava 799(?), 375 H&H.
Ahh, that looks like a lever action.
The Remington on a Zastava action is a 788.
 
Ahh, that looks like a lever action.
The Remington on a Zastava action is a 788.
You just had to make me look:LOL:...
The 375 is a 798
The 458 WM is a 799
Bolt are:
bolt guns
Marked as Remington Zastava

Ater today I'll try to update with photos of both guns when I pick up my firearms from my buddy who is securing my firearms while I was in Africa.
 
Loading up near Hochfeld, Namibia.

6ABAC5DB-9C9D-4E43-AE47-A44DB50795D8.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You just had to make me look:LOL:...
The 375 is a 798
The 458 WM is a 799
Bolt are:
bolt guns
Marked as Remington Zastava

Ater today I'll try to update with photos of both guns when I pick up my firearms from my buddy who is securing my firearms while I was in Africa.
Confusing.
I thought Kevin asked Tundra Tiger what the rifle was.
Yes I was wrong. 798 is what I meant, 788 is the new budget line Remington.

I have seen one 798 in .375 I'm not sure they are doing these anymore but I was told they are a Zastava maybe CRF action polished and assembled by Remington.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,510
Members
169,365
Latest member
TillyQ1897
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top