Warthog New World Record?

Philippe

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
208
Reaction score
431
Location
Libreville -GABON-
Media
48
Hunted
Upper Volta , Gabon , France , RSA
Hello
I received on whatsapp from a friend in Limpopo the photos of a warthog which seems to be the new world record: 23 inches.
No one has heard of it?
I don't know if I can post the photos here.
 
World record is 24 inches.....

For the backward curling twin tusker well......
 
Alive
FONE6955.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was hunted in November by Jason Stone and one of his clients, don't know what the measurements was but they were of the opinion that it might be the next world record at the time it was shot. Even if it wasn't the new world record it still is a stud of a pig. Congrats to the client and the PH

IMG-20201126-WA00171.jpg

IMG-20201126-WA00241.jpg
 
Last edited:
A question?

Now that there both high fence and free range warthog in Texas, could a record warthog come from here?
 
I am surprised that a whartog of this quality could live and grow like this in a hunting province like Limpopo. I would have been told in an open space such as Tanzania, Zim, I would not have been surprised.
Lucky hunter !
 
I wonder what anomaly caused him to not wear down his tusks.
 
That's a good point (forgive the pun) actually. As they are tools, one would assume they'd stay within a size that still made them useful. I can't see these whoppers being much use for foraging.

FN
 
A question?

Now that there both high fence and free range warthog in Texas, could a record warthog come from here?


NEVER. Everyone in Texas is shot on sight bc they are are "rare". Not likely one will ever live long enough to even come close. Almost every Texas warthog I've seen a picture was were immature.
 
A question?

Now that there both high fence and free range warthog in Texas, could a record warthog come from here?
If deliberately raised behind a warthog proof fence (that would be an excavation triumph) and fed enough protein, anything is possible. However, he would never be listed in Rowland & Ward. I would assume SCI would consider him an "estate" listing regardless where or how managed.
 
When I was in New Zealand and they caught a pig with dogs that was immature they would take a hammer and knock off his cutters and release him. Then the tusks could grow without being worn down. I don't see cutters in that picture ( not that I insinuate that's what happened here) just wondering.
 
When I was in New Zealand and they caught a pig with dogs that was immature they would take a hammer and knock off his cutters and release him. Then the tusks could grow without being worn down. I don't see cutters in that picture ( not that I insinuate that's what happened here) just wondering.
Dam good observation, could very well be a valid explanation of the how. No using artificial tusks for that mount. A dam fine trophy I say.

MB
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,065
Members
169,694
Latest member
ShastaBooz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top