Warthog New World Record?

Philippe

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Upper Volta , Gabon , France , RSA
Hello
I received on whatsapp from a friend in Limpopo the photos of a warthog which seems to be the new world record: 23 inches.
No one has heard of it?
I don't know if I can post the photos here.

World record is 24 inches.....

For the backward curling twin tusker well......

Alive
FONE6955.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was hunted in November by Jason Stone and one of his clients, don't know what the measurements was but they were of the opinion that it might be the next world record at the time it was shot. Even if it wasn't the new world record it still is a stud of a pig. Congrats to the client and the PH

IMG-20201126-WA00171.jpg

IMG-20201126-WA00241.jpg

Last edited:
A question?

Now that there both high fence and free range warthog in Texas, could a record warthog come from here?

I am surprised that a whartog of this quality could live and grow like this in a hunting province like Limpopo. I would have been told in an open space such as Tanzania, Zim, I would not have been surprised.
Lucky hunter !

I wonder what anomaly caused him to not wear down his tusks.

That's a good point (forgive the pun) actually. As they are tools, one would assume they'd stay within a size that still made them useful. I can't see these whoppers being much use for foraging.

FN

A question?

Now that there both high fence and free range warthog in Texas, could a record warthog come from here?

NEVER. Everyone in Texas is shot on sight bc they are are "rare". Not likely one will ever live long enough to even come close. Almost every Texas warthog I've seen a picture was were immature.

A question?

If deliberately raised behind a warthog proof fence (that would be an excavation triumph) and fed enough protein, anything is possible. However, he would never be listed in Rowland & Ward. I would assume SCI would consider him an "estate" listing regardless where or how managed.

When I was in New Zealand and they caught a pig with dogs that was immature they would take a hammer and knock off his cutters and release him. Then the tusks could grow without being worn down. I don't see cutters in that picture ( not that I insinuate that's what happened here) just wondering.

When I was in New Zealand and they caught a pig with dogs that was immature they would take a hammer and knock off his cutters and release him. Then the tusks could grow without being worn down. I don't see cutters in that picture ( not that I insinuate that's what happened here) just wondering.
Dam good observation, could very well be a valid explanation of the how. No using artificial tusks for that mount. A dam fine trophy I say.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois