Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Touched by the hand of God
Hunted
USA, RSA , Canada
Hi All,
I can remember someone telling me about a concession where there was fine trout fishing below the dams on the property. I cannot for the life of me find or remember the name. If any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks-Jerry

Jerry, there is plenty of trout fishing opportunities in the Drakensberg Mountain streams.
Sorry, I can't name a specific concession.

Hi All,
I can remember someone telling me about a concession where there was fine trout fishing below the dams on the property. I cannot for the life of me find or remember the name. If any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks-Jerry

Hello Zenbear,

In South Africa, I have fly fished some dams on a property a bit above the 7,000 ft altitude, Drakensberg Mts.

It was quite good for rainbow and golden trout.

A white gnat pattern (wet) and fished very slow @ around 9 to 12 ft deep was muey effectivo.

But, there were grasshoppers along the banks, and so if I get back there some day, I plan to bring some wet 'hopper patterns.

When you get a minute, send an email to big5game@worldonline.co.za to ask the name of that property.
(I cannot remember the real name of it because I'm half crazy and I'm also getting old now).

The PH always referred to this place as; "The Highveld" but, that is a geographic region and not likely the true name of the property.

Tight lines,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
I was in South Africa and at one of Trevor Lake lodge location there was trout fishing along with good hunting.

Check with Trevor Lake at www.lakesafaris.co.za to see about hunting at this lodge. You will probably have to bring your own fishing equipment.

There were reedbuck and bushbuck standing by the river. Some great Black wildebeest and blesbuck to to had also.

Crichton Hunting Safaris in Natal advertises incredible trout fishing and hunting that can be done at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Puckett's

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you