Vz-24 Questions

The caliber really isn't the issue - it is the length of the cartridge. I have one that feeds certain .30-06 cartridges, and hangs up un others when the projectile catches on the side of the action coming out of the feed rails. Filing on feed rails is a tenuous practice - the tiniest bit too much and you are screwed. VZ24s are looked at for 7mm-08, .358 WIN, 8x57, .308 WIN. I use a Turk Mauser for .30-06 length cartridges.
Oh , yes. They call it COL , right ?

You win the prize! So, as an example - if I load a light round nose bullet (200 grain .35 caliber in the Whelen) my COL will be much shorter than if I use the 250 grain Spire point. One can play with seating depth, but I think this illustrates how one bullet could hang-up coming out of the magazine and feed rails?

You can have them made up for the 375H&H or 404J but that requires a bit of magazine and feed rail work.

You win the prize! So, as an example - if I load a light round nose bullet (200 grain .35 caliber in the Whelen) my COL will be much shorter than if I use the 250 grain Spire point. One can play with seating depth, but I think this illustrates how one bullet could hang-up coming out of the magazine and feed rails?
Worst offender here are Monolithic meplat brass Solids Vin the same weight as the fmj bullet. So a 500 gr .458 Monolithic will be longer than a 500 gr .458 FMJ. So the Monolithic will take up more powder space and be more difficult to chamber in tight actions :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross