Vz-24 Questions

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
The caliber really isn't the issue - it is the length of the cartridge. I have one that feeds certain .30-06 cartridges, and hangs up un others when the projectile catches on the side of the action coming out of the feed rails. Filing on feed rails is a tenuous practice - the tiniest bit too much and you are screwed. VZ24s are looked at for 7mm-08, .358 WIN, 8x57, .308 WIN. I use a Turk Mauser for .30-06 length cartridges.
Oh , yes. They call it COL , right ?

USMA84DAB

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
MO, CO, SD
You win the prize! So, as an example - if I load a light round nose bullet (200 grain .35 caliber in the Whelen) my COL will be much shorter than if I use the 250 grain Spire point. One can play with seating depth, but I think this illustrates how one bullet could hang-up coming out of the magazine and feed rails?

Rule 303

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe & Namibia
You can have them made up for the 375H&H or 404J but that requires a bit of magazine and feed rail work.

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
You win the prize! So, as an example - if I load a light round nose bullet (200 grain .35 caliber in the Whelen) my COL will be much shorter than if I use the 250 grain Spire point. One can play with seating depth, but I think this illustrates how one bullet could hang-up coming out of the magazine and feed rails?
Worst offender here are Monolithic meplat brass Solids Vin the same weight as the fmj bullet. So a 500 gr .458 Monolithic will be longer than a 500 gr .458 FMJ. So the Monolithic will take up more powder space and be more difficult to chamber in tight actions :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmanuelO8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.